AVIC411.com

can anyone recommend some 7 mm security screws\bolts.. onces that you need a special screwdriver to apply\remove?

im thinking of replacing my stock bolts with security bolts so my avic isnt as easy to steal.

they may still get it and do more dammage, but hopefully, they will just give up if they cant unscrew it.

If they can't unscrew it, they'll probably get pissed and start pulling on things and breaking them.

Yeah, from what I've seen, sometimes they attempt to forcibly remove stereos even when the screws to remove it are obvious and would only have taken seconds to remove. Thieves like to use brute force and pry bars whenever possible for some reason. Security screws or simple phillips screws, I doubt it matters, they'll take a pry bar to it anyway!

When I responded earlier, I was going to mention you can find Robertson screws pretty easily. They have a square hole, I used some to install my subs probably a decade ago. The bits are fairly uncommon and not likely to be in a thief's toolkit. I decided not to mention it because I was thinking possibly a common allen wrench could remove a Robertson screw, but I searched Google and found someone complaining that they had a Robertson screw and couldn't get any allen wrenches to fit it, so that might be a good option after all. I didn't have any trouble finding any of the Robertson screws at Lowes, but that was a long time ago.

I was going to mention you can find Robertson screws pretty easily. They have a square hole, I used some to install my subs probably a decade ago. The bits are fairly uncommon and not likely to be in a thief's toolkit.

The ones you used were probably like wood screws?

They're really common now. They are used as deck screws because the square head makes it easy for you to get the bit in quickly and still have it be secure.