AVIC411.com

Pro To Do D3 Bypass in Dallas/Ft. Worth?

My wife has a 2007 Ford Edge, with a D3 (with XM and Sirius and iPod) that was professionally installed. It works perfectly.

We asked the professional installer to perform the "bypass" and they would not do it.

I have read many posts saying that doing the "bypass" is a piece of cake and anyone who is breathing can do it. Well, I breathe regularly, but I do not want to screw up a perfect installation. I understand what needs to be done, but am unclear how to access the unit and do not want to take the chance of screwing things up.

Go ahead, experts, all together now: Call me a wimp. Boo me. Hiss me. etc. etc.

Is there anyone in the D/FW area (I live in Cleburne) who has experience with and can do the bypass? Please let me know how much you'd charge.

Thanks.

the edge is the easiest car to get the radio out of. just grab the plastic between the radio and the climate controls and pull. the whole bezel snaps right off in one piece. now just reove four 7mm screws that hold the radio in and its out.

A couple pms I received recently.

So, I come to this forum looking for help and I get this?

Subject: Pro To Do D3 Bypass in Dallas/Ft. Worth?

This is precisely why 95% of the "normal" people in this country do not bother with online forums.

This forum has the potential to be very helpful, but you need to clean out the crap first.

You can start with this MISFIT character, who, as far as I can see, doesn't contribute anything substantial to the forum.

To which I replied

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have personally met Misfit. He's not a bad guy, just takes a little getting used to the way he speaks. I'm sure he meant no disrespect with his comment. There's really not much I can do either way. I'm a moderator, not the forum admin. JasonH is the admin. Again I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but it is the internet. Sometimes comments are taken out of context because you can't see the posters facial expressions or the tone in their voice.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how I was being impolite or anything. Not even my usual sarcastic self. So I get this one back.

Your response is what I expected. People can be rude and profane "because it is the Internet" and I misinterpreted "get the sand out of your vagina." If someone said that to me in person I would probably kick their ass. But I am sure he would never say it to my face. Here he can hide behind his keyboard and say stupid things. And, you can allow it. The Internet is the Internet because of people like you and him. I am glad I do not have to know either one of you. There is no need for you to respond. Just know that there is a very large group of people "out here" with some common decency.

So I guess from this point on I'm done trying to be nice to inconsiderate people, that appearantly can't understand what a damn smiley is. It's a joke, but I guess since I'm not one of those decent people in america, I don't know. To the OP (that's original poster for you ralphy boy) here's a big piss off.

2 more pms....

There is still common decency left in the world, although it clearly has passed you by.

Guess so

The implication that I am somehow not a man (or less than a man than you two idiots) because I don't want to extract my radio from my dashboard is absurd.

Don't recall saying that, but whatever think what you want.

You would never say that to my face and that should be the guide for how you deal with people.

Thanks, actually I would and have spoken to people in much the same way. I speak my mind, what little I have anyway. Always have, always will. Don't bother me if your someone famous or just an average guy.

Keep this in mind: I came to your web site with a legitimate question and have spent the majority of more time fending off your borish behavior.

Not my website, but I guess that's just semantics. Wow you must be awful slow for it to take that much time to write 4 pms..

Go away now, hide behind your keyboard and live your menial life away from me.

can't really hide behind, or under for that matter, a keyboard. It's way too small. Thanks though I will continue on my "menial" way, actually I have 50+ more posts to read to try and help out people who actually want the help being offered.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

You are an even bigger coward than I knew.

Really, cool!

I went to the public forum to see if anyone legitimate had addressed my question and found that you had posted the private messages I sent to you, publicly. Also, you "locked" the topic so I could not respond. Is this what a moderator does?

Sometimes. Mods are there to keep threads on topic, move off-topic threads, and delete/lock threads that they deem as being pointless/ wasteful of bandwidth, or could result in a flamewar. I locked it, because I could see this thread being one of the afore mentioned threads. So here you go, it's unlocked, now you and everyonecan now respond. I will leave it to the discretion of our admin as to if/and/or when this thread is locked, deleted, or edited. However I will move it to the off-topic section now.

If I had wanted those words posted publicly, I would have done it myself. I sent those messages privately, so you would not be embarrassed by yours and your members words. Since you clearly are oblivious to the image you are creating, you are embarrassing yourself.

I'm not embarrassed at all, are you?

I know what a joke is. I know what a is. But, what you guys wrote wasn't funny. Sand in my vagina? I have asked several people what that means and nobody knows.

Hmm that's too bad. Have you tried google or ask.com?

It occurs to me that maybe it is a funny joke in high school. Hopefully, you will mature by the time you are a Senior. And, oh, you also impressed me with your insight: "Piss off, Ralphie Boy."

High school? Na not for about 10 years. So what was it that impressed you?

The sad part is you have no idea what a fool you are.

Na I got a pretty good idea. That, and understanding the "Jeep Thing" are the 2 things in life I know well.

This stops now, boys.

That's doubtful since this thread's been unlocked.

On a side note, this kinda reminds me of that forum stereotypes thread a few months back.... Oh well off now to continue in my postwhorish ways :lol: . Thank you for reading, we now return you to your regularly scheduled posts.

implication?, extract?, absurd?, borish?, who talks like that? hey mr high society, i was just goofing with you initially. but now i can see i was right on the money with the whole sandy vagina thing. or maybe its just a tiny cock thing. oh well whatever. have a nice day :D

Th amount of time he spent pming and bitching, he could have pulled the face of his little Ford dash and done the bypass himself.

Ralph-

Why don't you just give it shot? Grab the bezel like MisFit said and pull it off. If it comes right off like he says, then the hard part is over. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....