AVIC411.com

Downgrading to older version

How would I go about downgrading the software so I can use my older DVD?

Just wondering because I plan to make a long trip (15+hrs) and I've heard sometimes burned discs quit working after 3hrs or so when they heat up. I would like to be able to downgrade to the old version if I have a lot of problems with my burned disc.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]How would I go about downgrading the software so I can use my older DVD?

Just wondering because I plan to make a long trip (15+hrs) and I've heard sometimes burned discs quit working after 3hrs or so when they heat up. I would like to be able to downgrade to the old version if I have a lot of problems with my burned disc.[/quote]

I am looking for the same information.

However, for the burned disks, I have found that they do stop working after a while in the heat (they warp). Get yourself a good DVD+R DL (Memorex is what I am using) and make yourself a backup copy, but do not put a stick on label on it. I found the backup I made myself without a label is working fine in the heat. I am assuming the stick on label has something to do with it (or it might just be the DVD brand).
  • 1 month later...
I have just created a tutorial for this exsact information.
It can be found here on my personal website here:

[url=http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6]http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?n ... wtopic&t=6[/url]

Hope this helps
  • 4 weeks later...
I tried and it worked!

The above instructions work.

In the instructions, substitute the Map button on the Avic where is says Navi and I believe it was the backlight button where is said Back in red.

I am now downgraded to a previous DVD map set. Yeah!

Oh yes, it is the DVD eject button you have to use, but once you are in the service menu, you can press the Open button to move the screen back and forth as usual.

If you downgrade and if you get the parking break is not hooked up right error message, don't worry about it ... it goes away once the gps picks up where you are.

I did not loose my address book, but I had to reprogram by backup camera, sound settings, etc.
  • 2 weeks later...
No AV screens? It should come up with AV screens even with no disc inserted!

I just tried the downgrade on my spare D1 and it worked just fine. In fact, all you really have to do a Forced Write on is the Application Program, at least going from CNDV60 to CNDV50. It's not necessary to downgrade anything else.

What version are you trying to downgrade from, to what version, and why?

There is a Reset to Defaults option in the settings menus, but I almost wonder if your problem is more serious.
Well I think the problem is that the disc i used to upgrade I don't think is a good disc. It was purchased off ebay and is a copy. Well after the upgrade on that it came up and said "insert appropriate disc" it hasn't worked since. No disc I put in works. I tried to go back and still nothing. I do not know what is wrong with it. Everything was working perfectly before the upgrade attempt. There has to be a way to wipe everything out and start from factory load. Cuz when you buy one brand new you have to do an initial load. Yes it does sound like something more serious. I'm thinking the upgrade wasn't completed and has corrupted something that needs to be deleted.

Question...Under "Format drives" or whatever. When i go to the SDRAM option on ANY menu it says 'NG' Is this because making modifications to the sdram isn't available, sdram doesn't exist on this modal but it's a standardized "service menu" ? I dunno.

Has anyone had a failed upgrade and had to do something to fix it? :cry: