AVIC411.com

Downgrading to older version

Yeah, clearing out all the backup data should completely erase it. Those are options 4 thru 8 on the first service menu.
On the Forced Program Write menu, also toggle the Init to ON.
Also try rewriting system, application, and GPS program.
The SDRAM features ARE accessible on mine, but it could be they are only available after a successful boot.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm interesting. When I try to write the GPS memory. My (old)disk shows available version 4.something and when i hit the button to load it it fails and remains as NG. I've tried erasing all the memory. The only one that will not erase is the SDRAM....which i think if i coulderase that one it would allow a full install again...but i dunno. The person who sold me the discs is express shipping new ones. Also the person who sold me the system said i could send it back for a replacement. So I think I"ll wait for the discs and if they don't work replace the unit. It is possible that something is wrong...it IS a refurbished unit.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TheticketNJ, any word on your system? did you get it working, or send it back? it appears i have the same problem..... i'll be screwed if pioneer wont look at my warentee since i bought it off ebay.. (although it was new) anyone have any advice on this? I noticed that after trying to format and repair the SDRAM it continually came up with a NG error thinking the SDRAM is shot? I originally had AV for about 5 minutes after "upgrading" then lost it, i can play music but i have no control over it other than moving the joy stick, i cant access any of the push button controls. for anything.. just stays at the :please enter correct dvd" screen
I'm not sure of this exactly. But I believe this happens when the software is not fully upgraded. Is the Upgrade DVD that you bought a DVD+R? I think that is the problem. Hopefully if yours was a + also then I can go ahead and try my DVD-R disc. I've been wary of doing so. But the way sdram works is everything is probably hardcoded addressed in the software to access specific parts of the sdram and if all those parts aren't there then it doesn't know what to do. So it defaults to the "I don't have a program" screen. That is just my guess. I answered your PM please respond back here on to my PM whether you have a DVD+ or - Thanks.
the DVD that i was using was a +R dvd. but... when i first got the navi, i had a friend of mine burn the Cndv-60m east onto a +R for me, and i've been using that ever since, I could not get my hands on the west disc so i ended up buying the set off ebay and i figured when i threw the east one in, since it was supposed to be the exact same thing it wouldnt do anything different, well come to find out it wasnt the same thing as what i downloaded and it started to upgrade my navi. and then the problem happened. So, i'm not sure it has anything to do with the +R because i was running a +R for a good 3 weeks before this happened. how fast was pioneer with fixing and returning your navi? theres a local pioneer service center not far from here i was thinking about going up there and talking to them about it.
  • 2 weeks later...
I have just tried to do the downgrade on my AVIC-D1 since it's telling me "Please insert appropriate disc" and I was not able to complete it.

When I get to the force write part I go through the menus to do the system program and once I get to the language selection, all of them say [ NG ].

ie.
2. English US [ NG ]

I'm trying to use my 1.0 discs that I got with the unit. From what Pioneer told me, the previous owner may have used newer ones and since he did not give them to me, I can't use mine.

Here's the versions I found in the version check menu:

System Boot Version - 1.0
System OS Version - 1.02
GPS - 4.40
Application Version - 2.010010
Language Version - 2.000073

The language file it is currently using is UC050DAT.USA
and the system file is UC050SYS.USA

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.
Hey man,
sorry i thought i posted a reply but it must not have went through correctly, it sounds exactly like the problem that I was having. On another thread a fellow member told me that Pioneer informed him of a problem created by Burnt discs. From the sounds of your post you didnt use a burnt disc. But the symptoms sound the same. Anyway the other user basically said that Pioneer is aware of the problem and the fix is to have your system reflashed, which is a 75$ job and takes 3 weeks to do. I had no choice, luckily the person i bought the unit off of got me a replacement instead of me having to deal with that. I would call pioneer and explain to them what happened and see what they have say and ask about this reflashing maybe it could be covered under warentee.. GL man. sorry for not responding before.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
sorry to dig up a dead topic but I ran into the exact same problem again! with a whole nother D1 system and a Different disc. I need to know if anyone ever found a solution to this other than sending back to Pioneer. I found a guy on ebay who will do repairs for 145$ including shipping to and from, not sure if hes reputable or not, little weary also. Anyone tried this? GRRRR... so close to going to different company
  • 1 year later...