AVIC411.com

Routing options so goddam retarded on D1..................

What modes of routing does the D1 have?

I can only see two modes - (1) fast and (2) short

Fast tends to focus on highways and short does the opposite.

Is there anything in between - highways and non highways to do fast and short at the same time?

For example - I came from Kitchener back to Oakville on the weekend

Logically the fastest way to come back to Oakville is to take 401 East, Hwy 6 south, 403 East, QEW east and then exit at Burloak

So that is a combination of hwy and secondary road (highway 6)

However the D1 (on fast route) picked - 401 East all the way to 407 in Mississauga, then 407 West to 403 Hamilton and then QEW West to Hamilton.

How fucking stupid is that???? It takes you so far East (just to stay on the Highways) and then makes you drive all the way back to the West (adding at least 20 30 kms to the trip) and the goddam journey was not even faster than taking the logically shorter and faster route (first route I mentioned).

Is there anything in between you can set on the D1?
The Pioneer system is very difficult to get used to. If you pick shortest route or off highway route, it takes you through the worst parts of the towns... This unit (D2) has all the features, but very poor nav. guide/data.

Not impressed at all. My '04 Touareg with CD based navigation system is much better at navigation. It may not display all the street names, etc. on the display, but picks better roads than D2 does.
[quote name="Anonymous"]The Pioneer system is very difficult to get used to. If you pick shortest route or off highway route, it takes you through the worst parts of the towns... This unit (D2) has all the features, but very poor nav. guide/data.

Not impressed at all. My '04 Touareg with CD based navigation system is much better at navigation. It may not display all the street names, etc. on the display, but picks better roads than D2 does.[/quote]I tried the multiple routes option yesterday and it works pretty good as far as I am concerned.

What I do is that I pick a combination of least distance and least time when I pick a route and it has worked pretty good for me so far.