AVIC411.com

Calibration still not finished after 2K miles??

I have the N2 and have done all the mods necessary to watch a DVD while driving so the VSS is grounded. When I put my used unit in my vehicle, I reset the calibration data. After 3 months and over 2,000 miles I have all the left and right turn meters full but the distance meter is still 3/4 complete and has been that way for over 1,000 miles. My GPS antenna is on the inside of the front window next to the windsheild. It reads fine while I'm on the highway but when I went to Atlanta, it didn't know which road I was on and jumped around constantly.

It is currently in Hybrid mode and want it to get to 3D mode and more accurate. Has it taken this long for anyone else?

Well the VSS wire is rather Grounded or not even hooked up. I have a 2001 BMW 530 so I don't know what the VSS wire is on the car. From the forums I saw that if you had the VSS wire hooked up on the N2 that it would not allow you to view DVD's while driving. That the VSS wire was a second fail safe for the parking brake wire.

Thanks for any help install guru's :D

• 3 months later...