AVIC411.com

D3 Install

So i just bought a D3 today on ebay and it should be here by the weekend and i plan on installing it then. I just have a question about what i need to do to make sure everything goes well. i have a 1999 toyota 4runner.

I had a Pioneer DEH-6800MP but i wanted to upgrade to a screen. Do i use the same harness or do i have to buy a new one?

Sorta. The end of the harness that plugs into the back of the 6800 will have to be cut off. The end that plugs into the factory harness can be reused however. Please make sure before cutting anything that you either disconnect the battery, or dissconnect the plug from the factory harness. This way you don't end up blowing any fuses.

wait im confused, right now its connected with 2 metra wiring harnesses one from the stock amp to a universal adapter to the pioneer harness. since the harness that comes with the D3 has all of those other wires (ill, park break etc.) does that mean i have to wire the new harness (with D3) to the old universal harness or do they make other snap and go harnesses. im a big noob so i dont really know about all of that stuff