AVIC411.com

Hey all i already know about the soldering method of the n1 bypass, but i saw this ebay link for a "module" bypass and was wondering if anyone tried this, or knows what it was or if this is just a scam with instructions to do a solder? If this works id rather pay 30 bucks than rip apart my unit and risk destroying it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=67771

i think ur right paisan.

i really wish people would simply locate their answers with the search button wait where did it go

if i see another thread about the d3 bypass im going to implode

dude i already know all that, when i upgrade the disk the bypass comes into play with the new software/firmware which is why i havent upgraded yet but these 2k4 maps are vastly outdated and nav doesnt know where to send me half the time anymore. The N1 bypass is much tougher then any other bypass cause the solder points are so tiny u can fry ur whole board if ur not skilled which is why im gonna try out this module. Anyways, i'll let you guys know if it works if not im out 30 bucks and ill try the solder. It's just stupid that if u have a passenger in the car they cant enter the nav for u cause its locked out.

• 2 weeks later...
A TR-7 has nothing to do with the N1 bypass, with or without new software

the EBAYER sent me the instructions after i asked for them, here's how it's done... Have yet to test it, but it looks like this will work for any avic n1-n4 and possibly others

Programming a TR7 to bypass PIONEER motion security

FYI, the following will work even if your parking brake, speed sense and GPS is all attached properly. You do not need to defeat these systems for this bypass to work.

IF at ANY point you mess up during this process unhook the red power line, turn your PAC switch off and then back on, reattach power and start over. READ THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTION SET before starting. You have to be pretty quick, and if you wait too long between steps you have to start over.

Take your pac out and strip the leads, make sure none of the leads touch each other.

Turn the switch to your PAC ON.

Attach the black lead to ground and the red lead to an unswitched positive source.

Touch the brown wire to ground (wherever the black wire is hooked up will do) 17 times. You will see the red light flash every time you touch.

Wait 3 seconds

The red light on the PAC should now flash 17 times, MAKE SURE it flashes 17 times.

Touch brown to ground once

Wait 3 seconds for the red light to flash quickly for a second.

Wait 3 more seconds for the red light to flash 2 sets of light flashes quickly

Wait 3 more seconds for the red light to flash 3 sets of light flashes quickly

Touch the brown wire to ground 5 times.

Confirm the red light flashes 5 times

Wait 3 seconds for the light to flash 4 sets of light flashes quickly followed by rapidly flashing lights.

You have now completed programming. You have just programmed your PAC-TR7 to pulse once after 5 seconds when on a constant trigger. Now TURN OFF the PAC-TR7 switch.

Wiring:

Attach the red wire to either constant + or switched +, it doesn’t matter which, I'd recommend switched. Attach black to ground. Attach BLUE to your AVIC dimmer wire, I highly suggest putting a diode inline to allow electricity to only flow towards the HU.

Attach Green to AVIC's amp turn on wire.

That’s it your done. Upon starting your car your TR7 will send a + pulse to your HU between 5-6 seconds after the the amp turn on wire turns on which should be timed properly to unlock your AVIC.

AUTOHEADLIGHTS WORKAROUND

If you want your dimmer wire to function properly (ie dim the HU at night) and you have auto headlights or don’t want to wait 7 seconds to turn your headlights on (if you have autolights at night and/or your headlights turn on BEFORE the TR7 pulses the trick WILL NOT WORK without performing the steps below) here’s what you do.

First off you will need ANOTHER TR7. Program the first one as stated above. Program the second one as follows:

IF at ANY point you mess up during this process unhook the red power line, turn your PAC switch off and then back on, reattach power and start over. READ THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTION SET before starting. You have to be pretty quick, and if you wait too long between steps you have to start over.

Take your pac out and strip the leads, make sure none of the leads touch each other.

Turn the switch to your PAC ON.

Attach the black lead to ground and the red lead to an unswitched positive source.

Touch the brown wire to ground (wherever the black wire is hooked up will do) 12 times. You will see the red light flash every time you touch.

Wait 3 seconds

The red light on the PAC should now flash 12 times, MAKE SURE it flashes 12 times.

Now ground the brown wire once

Wait 3 seconds

Confirm the light blinks once

Ground the brown wire again once

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

Ground the brown wire once again

Wait 3 seconds

Ground the brown wire once

The light will let out 1 quick burst of light flashing

Wait 3 seconds

The light will let out 2 quick bursts of light flashes

Touch the ground wire twice

Wait 3 seconds

Confirm the light blinks twice

The light will let out 3 quick bursts of light flashes

Wait 3 seconds

The light will let out 4 quick bursts of light flashes

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

Wait 3 seconds

The unit will now flash the light quickly. Programming is complete.

What you have just done is programmed the output to delay turning on for 20 seconds. The steps above actually have you turn on this timer on all 3 outputs when you really only need it on the first one. But since you have to program all 3 timers anyway I figured might as well program them all for 20 seconds, it doesn’t hurt anything.

Turn the switch to the PAC OFF and wire as follows:

Attach the red wire to switched positive, I'd recommend the red wire off the AVIC. (TR7 current draw is minimal). Attach black to ground. Attach BLUE to your AVIC dimmer wire, I highly suggest putting a diode inline to allow electricity to only flow towards the HU.

Attach the green wire to the cars factory dimmer wire.

If wired properly you should have the following scenario:

Black wires from both TR7’s are going to chassis ground.

Red wires from both TR7’s are going to switched positive.

Blue wires from both TR7’s are going to AVIC dimmer wire with diode inline (do not connect – side [unstriped] of diode’s together!)

Green wire from 5 second pulse programming is going to AVIC amp turn on wire

Green wire from 20 second delay programming is going to car dimmer wire - I've personally put a diode on this wire too

Basically what will happen is if you start your car at night, your lights will automatically come on, however the dimmer wire on the AVIC will not get the signal to dim the display for 20 seconds. Before that 20 seconds is up your first TR7 module will send a pulse to the dimmer wire to disable security features.

That ebayer copied my tr7 instructions from the avic-z1 forum verbatim:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143

I wrote those instructions a long time ago when the original z1 bypass was first discovered, and later a software update made the bypass even simpler without the need for TR7's. My instructions were never intended for an avic-n1, nor do I have any knowledge of how an N1 is bypassed, but from my understanding the illum wire bypass was only ever implemented in the avic-z1 original model by pioneer. I would ask the ebayer for your money back.

• 3 months later...