AVIC411.com

70 MTP and Other Avic Issues

Sorry if this is a redundant post...

I was looking into buying a 70MTP East from Ebay, however, apparently, there are some people who are selling them that are not "reputable". Is there some seller that you know that can sell me (even a burned copy) at a reasonable price?

I have an Avic N1. I am still using the CNDV-40MT 1.2 (yellow) dvds!

Additional Problems: My avic reads movie dvds without a problem, however, when I put in my nav disk, it almost always displays a "route caluculation not possible". The dvd is scratched. I have read that the N1 can be fussy when it comes to scratches on the nav disk? You think that could be the problem?

Has anyone ever cleaned the dvd laser (with a dvd cleaning kit)? If so, what did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same issue with the 70. also the vicinity search but when i inserted the secound dvd the east every thing went fine and the data came up. so it seams the data is divided between the 2 dvd coz i was able to do vicintiy search and to be specific on starbucs now i can see all the near ones while it used to make me to map after the search

i had the same issue with the 70. also the vicinity search but when i inserted the secound dvd the east every thing went fine and the data came up. so it seams the data is divided between the 2 dvd coz i was able to do vicintiy search and to be specific on starbucs now i can see all the near ones while it used to make me to map after the search

where do you live? you must live in an area of the country that actually overlaps on the two cds. Like here in NY, i obviously can only use the East disc for local poi's and vicinity search.