AVIC411.com

A solution for getting backgrounds on 70MTP disks

Pioneer has altered the DVD image so that subdirectories on the 70MTP disks appear as 0K files. Unfortunately this confounds programs like UltraISO which displays error messages when attempting mount an ISO from a 70MTP DVD which poses problems getting your background changes on. Even the latest UltraISO cannot mount an ISO from a 70MTP disk.

Some programs can read the files from a 70MTP disk ISO correctly. ISOBuster is one such that works, however it doesn't have ISO editing capabilities.

Making a new DVD ISO from scatch will not work because it will not contain certain boot sector and other header information that is required. The unit will keep saying "insert a valid disk" if you try this.

I was able to get around the problem by using a 60MTP disk ISO image and making it into a 70MTP image as follows:

- Extract an ISO and extract all the files from the 70MTP disk using ISOBuster. You will know this worked correctly if you have the subdirectories such as the ones under the BG directory.

- Extract an ISO of the 60MTP disk as done previously to do custom backgrounds.

- Mount the 60MTP image in UltraISO.

- Browse to the extracted 70MTP files and manually drag all the updated 70MTP files for each directory to the corresponding directory of the mounted 60MTP image. The 70MTP will have updated files for every directory plus several new files. Note that the MARK directory no longer exists on the 70MTP disks so you should remove that directory.

- Change the volume label to the new one used on the 70MTP disks.

- Apply all your custom background changes like before.

- Save the ISO change and burn it like before.

The burned disk won't have the funny 0K sundirectories like the 70MTP disks but since the ISO is valid the unit will read and accept it as one.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though Magic ISO did not show the files correctly (several were 0KB) I still used it to make a new ISO from a working 70MT - then I used ISO Commander (most any that can edit the ISO should work) to delete and move my files in I even added several extra ones to the DIN folder to see if it would work, It does. Then burnt the regular ISO back to a DL disk with Alcohol 120. Now my wifes Astro has its own custom opening screen and backgrounds.

Magic ISO's file once completed looked fine with files sizes and all directories.

:) Looks like I have about a GIG of wasted space guess I will make another with more backgrounds.