AVIC411.com

Ok, purchased AppRadio3 a month ago. Sound shop also sold me a connector kit I assume is compatible with my HTC Evo 4G LTE (most of the HTCs used the MHL adapter, but the 4G LTE called for both MHL and HDMI). I t took me until a few days ago to get around to installing the E-brake bypass. In the mean time my wife bought us both new phones (Samsung Galaxy Note 4). Cool phones, but not on Pioneer's compatible list as of yesterday. I did notice that the Galaxy 3&4, The NOTE 2&3 all use something called a Samsung adapter.

First Question: What Firmware version is likely to be correct for this phone?

Second Question: What is the step by step procedure for updating the firmware?

Third Question: Does anyone have any idea if or when this device will make the Pioneer compatibility list?

Please help me get this thing connected.

Yes, you need the Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter (11 pin) as typically Samsung can't stick to industry standards. Get a genuine one (lots of fakes on Amazon and Ebay) as others are unreliable. This adapter replaces the MHL adapter part of the kit you already have, the rest stays the same.

This will get you working with the Pioneer AppRadio app and the limited functionality that gives (limited apps that Pioneer approve). To really get the best from it, root the phones and get AppRadio Unchained Reloaded from the Play Store. This will allow full mirroring and functionality.

First Question - Unless you need to, leave the firmware alone, the one on it should work fine

Second Question - If you do need to, process is in the manual, you just format a USB stick, load the files, plug it in and start up the AppRadio.

Third Question - Who cares, the N4 is known and proven to work anyway.