AVIC411.com

Video Solution for lightning iPhones (expensive)

I didn't really care as much for the loss of using video out from my iPhone 5 and now iPhone 6 with these lightning cables since I had USB ports for my AVIC-Z130bt, AVH-8400 and 8000-NEX. So I never really tried to look for a solution. Just a few days ago, I started looking things up on how to improve my system in my vehicles and found something interesting.

I found a small box called Kivic One. It pretty much acts like apple's airport but with an HDMI and rca connection. You can use this to AirPlay video to the receiver via the device without losing your phone's Internet capabilities. Pair it with something called MimicsX2 and you'll be able to use the touchscreen on your receiver and it'll show on your phone.

It's quite an expensive setup, but I'm willing to dive into it. Has anyone or heard or use this? If so, what are your thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I didn't really care as much for the loss of using video out from my iPhone 5 and now iPhone 6 with these lightning cables since I had USB ports for my AVIC-Z130bt, AVH-8400 and 8000-NEX. So I never really tried to look for a solution. Just a few days ago, I started looking things up on how to improve my system in my vehicles and found something interesting.

I found a small box called Kivic One. It pretty much acts like apple's airport but with an HDMI and rca connection. You can use this to AirPlay video to the receiver via the device without losing your phone's Internet capabilities. Pair it with something called MimicsX2 and you'll be able to use the touchscreen on your receiver and it'll show on your phone.

It's quite an expensive setup, but I'm willing to dive into it. Has anyone or heard or use this? If so, what are your thoughts?

Sounds interesting...I've got the Z1 flashed to Z3 & i'm trying to figure out how to connect my Iphone6 tp the unit with the lighting cable so I can play songs & video through the head unit w/o bluetooth. I get visuals just no audio. Not sure if I need extra cables, but I might try your idea next.