AVIC411.com

Nex 6000 Positioning is not possible Error !!!!

omg

This unit is like only 2 days old.  It's been working great until now.

I'm getting this error when i select the navigation

**** Positioning is not possible due to the hardware... ****

I can't do anything.  the navigation screen is sorta frozen with a this popup error.  I can see the unit trying to search satelites on top of the screen but nothing.

The problem is that i bought this unit online thousands of miles from my current location.   The installation had cost me time and money. 

How am i gona deal with this issue ????  I refuse to pay someone to have it uninstall and reinstall the old radio (harness been cut) and remove old radio and reinstall the repaired nex 6000 back...  this is going to cost hundreds of dollars just to swap back and forth.

Guys... any easier solution ? 

The unit came from Amazon.  It is 6 AM in the morning right now.. office opens at 9 am...  but apparently they won't honor the warranty since it came from Amazon... is it true ?

if this is true it will be 700 bucks in the garbage + 200 for parts and installation labor

If pioneer won't honor warranty that would be the worst 1 grand investment in my entire life.

Did you call Pioneer? When you do, give them the serial number of the radio if they ask for warranty verification. Do not mention where it was purchased. In the U.S. manufacturers will usually help the consumers with hardware warranties.

Did the installers connect the GPS antenna correctly? Maybe it became disconnected when they were mounting the radio in the dash.

you're going to have to send it back, its going to take about 2 weeks turn around time. dont tell them where you got the radio just tell them it was a gift and you dont have the proof of purch. they will then use the date the radio was manufatured as the warrenty date. just take the radio out and leave all the wires in the car and deal with the hole and no music for two weeks. then when you get the new refurbished unit it back just plug it in and go

Waiting for the next representative...waiting time is 25 minutes..  ouch

I'll try the gift thing but if this doesn't work..then im doomed.

What i want to know is how do they fix this thing ? are they updating the firmware or changing the pcb.. ? is this a fix we can perform ourself ?

What exactly is this bug ??

nope

They are asking for a prove of purchase.

The repair center is local...about 30 minutes driving from home..

But they will not repair under warranty if they do not get prove of purchase. They will charge me for parts and time.

the pioneer guy said that it is a hardwaire failure.. something internal that may be need to be replaced..  there are several boards inside.. one is the gps board.. that one may need to be replaced.. or the antena board... worst case the maine board... or the entire unit.

The same thing happened to my 6000nex a few months back.  I unplugged the car's negative battery terminal, waited a few, then reattached it.  This should reset the entire unit and the error went away for me and has not come back since.  If you still get the error, then unfortunally the unit is defective and must be replaced.  Also make sure you have the latest firmware 1.08

I have unplugged the whole thing, waited a few and still having this issue...

I spoke to Pioneer and emailed them.. both are giving the exact same answer.

They will only repair under warranty if purchased from authorized dealer..  Amazon is not one of them.

Ive contacted the seller and they told me i can ship the radio back without the wires or antena..  because i told them that all wires that came with the unit have been modified/cut to fit the car wires..so i could not remove them that easy.  They agreed to get just the radio back.

I have two options

1- I bring it to a local pioneer repair center.. they fix for a fee..   could cost hundreds of dollars.

2- I ship it back to amazon and they swap it for another one.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your NEX radio. These have been quite solid for my customers.

However, and I promise I am not trying to kick you while you are down, but going forward I hope this is an encouragement to buy from your local B&M. While the price is obviously nicer and these days any penny counts its issues like this that gives us retailers the ability to set ourselves apart from Amazon. We normally can fix these issues immediately and also not need to charge for the uninstall and again the reinstall when it comes back 2-3 weeks later (4-6 is possible, FYI!). Good luck and I wish you the best. And if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

i had the same problem a few months back when i told them i didnt have the proof of purchase and that it would take me a few days to get it. i was told the warranty date would start when the radio left the factory and it wouldnt be a problem. i then mailed the radio to pioneer in cali and two weeeks later they mailed a refurbished unit back to me. BTW i did buy it from a pioneer authorized dealer

I've sent back the radio to the seller.. they said they gona try to reproduce the error.. then they gona resend me another one....

I only had to ship back the radio though.. At first they were asking to ship back everything.. but i told them i couldn't that.. wires being cut to match car's harnress..

Anyhow, it's in the mail now.. cost me around 40 bux to ship this back....

I just hope this won't happen again past the warranty period.. Cuz i lost my trust on those avic..

in the meantime, i put the stock radio back... without closing/clipping the radio-dash back cuz its a pain the remove..

So whomever would like to steal my stock radio please use your finger nails..  :-) 

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a new unit back... 

This replacement unit has the 1.08 firmware.  (but i think the old  one had the 1.08 too)

So far i dont see any difference.  This time im not gona change the background to custom in the menu..  

Also i've moved the GPS antena further away from the HU (in case the antena was over heating the HU).  On the old unit the antena was directly on the HU.. now ive put it somewhere in the dash.