AVIC411.com

AppRadio2, using iPod and Android connections

So I just got my AppRadio2 (SPH-DA100) Installed and up and running.  I'm using a Samsung GS3 and ARUnchained Reloaded to mirror the screen and apps to it.  Works pretty good.  My question is this:  I want to toss an older iPod into the glovebox just to keep music on to listen to for my wife when she drives my truck.  I bough my unit used and the previous owner had been using an iPhone with it (they included the dongle with the lightning connector on it) and looking at my backup camera screen I have the word [CAUTION] inside the brackets, indicating that it is running software version 8.30.  Now I see people saying that the iPod connection is pretty much disabled to play music on this version of the software, but you still can but you have to disconnect your iPhone 5 from the unit.  Not an issue for me since I don't use an i-device on it (Android). 

Another problem I've discovered with it is that when they upgraded to the lightning connector I guess the SPH-DA100 had come with a 30 pin connector.  I don't have this connector, and before I researched I had plugged in my iPod to the single USB cord from the iPod connection on the back of the unit.  My library shows up, I can search/scroll and play my lists on the iPod, but there is no sound.    After more flipping through the manuals I see that the i-device cord I have is different than the one shown.  I've found the one I need to get (the original)http://http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CDP1472 but before I drop 85 bucks plus shipping on it, will I be able to use it with the 8.30 software?  If not can I downgrade?

You can buy this cable alot cheaper on Amazon

I'll check what firmware I'm on later but I can use my ipod no issues with my AR2

Thanks!

I actually ordered one that I found on ebay.  Was a little more expensive than the one you posted on Amazon though.  I looked on Amazon first to use my Prime membership but didn't find any that matched the P/N from Pioneer.  Looking closely thought at the photos looks like there are actually a few on Amazon that would have plugged in.  I was mainly concerned that the plug that goes to the Pioneer would be the correct one.  My old AVIC-Z1 used the IP-BUS and while it looks similar from a distance, up close they are not compatible. 

Also after spending the weekend googling for information, it looks like I'll be able to use iPod as a source still as long as I set it to "Others/iPhone 4/4S" setting.  Guess I'll find out for sure later this week when my cord arrives.

Thanks for the reply.