AVIC411.com

NEW Update! Appradio 2.8.1

Not sure if i got the update first because i'm in Australia, but here's the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/appradio/id434811742?mt=8

I notice that none of the U.S. models are listed in the compatible hardware section, so either it just hasn't been released here, or for some reason it's not going to work in the U.S. Guess we'll just have to wait and see....

I have the update, but if you look at the description for it on the iTunes App Store, it doesn't say anything about one-cable connection like in the Australian version referenced above. Unless it's changed--I haven't looked at it since last night.

The US versions was edited to remove the reference. Probably a mistake and/or misinterpretation by the writer.

The app update is out in the US now, our models ARE listed. Does that signify an imminent firmware update for the headunits? I sure hope so, there's still lots of bugs to be fixed.

Just curious, what's the firmware release cycle been so far on the CarPlay compatible NEX models? Yea I know there's only been one CarPlay firmware release so far. I mean firmware releases in general.

Guessing that even if Apple had to approve the CarPlay enabling firmware release schedule, Pioneer should still have a firmware release history in the NEX models that we can form a guess-timate. :)

• 2 weeks later...