AVIC411.com

Appradio mode with iPhone 6

I finally figured out that I needed an HDMI to lightning connector to utilize appradio mode on my Nex 4000. Appearantly I should be able to also enter app radio mode though a USB connection as well. When I set smartphone connection to USB only CarPlay is available. When set to digital AV mode only appradio works. Shouldn't they both work in USB mode? It's a pain in the ass going back and forth to get text messages then back to Waze and Dashcommand.

I personally think App Radio is not even worth the effort. Almost every app you try to open requires you to go to your phone to click the ok button. Same with App Radio Live.

Why does pioneer think we even need these on the NEX. The NEX units by themselves do everything you really need while driving. Now add CarPlay which is not perfect, but 99% better than any of their App Radio modes.

Really, how much can you really be playing around with while you are driving?

Both Carplay and App Radio use USB 1 only. When using app radio you are only using the USB for charging. The lightening adapter does not pass though USB data. So yes, its a pain in the ass. Hopefully Pioneer updateàs can find a solution for this sad incovienience.

AppRadio does not need to be hooked up to usb1, it can be hooked up to any usb port including car charger. I use AppRadio and the lightning cable is hooked up to car charger and have solid state drives on both usb ports on nex. It works great and doesn't use up usb1 just to charge, and it will continue to charge even when vehicle is off.