AVIC411.com

Crappy Customer Service

I emailed Pioneer support about they keyboard problem since 1.08 and AvicSync, here is their useless reply.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

1. If you have tried resetting the unit and the keyboard issue continues,

you would need to send the unit in for service. Please use this link to

begin the repair process. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/repair/

2. The AVICSYNC is still on the way, I have not received an updated ETA.

I opened a ticket for the same issue. Not sure if the touch screen on my AVIC-5000NEX was this bad before the 1.08 firmware because when I bought the unit I immediately updated it. Fingers crossed I get a useful/helpful response. Not expecting so, since off-shored support is typically a cost savings measure, not the best thing for customer experience. :)

I love my 8000, I'm very disappointed it's not complete, I doubt we will see Avicsync until the new models come out. I am highly disappointed in pioneer and I doubt i will purchase another product from the company unless it blows me away.

exactly how is that bad service there telling you if a reset does not correct the issue then send it in to be fixed? what exactly where you expecting them to say?  it takes about three weeks to get back to you after sending it in and you can track the progress on there website after you file a repair claim

It seems like when I  updated to FW 1.08, the problem with the keyboard started. I did not have any problems before that time. I have dealt  Pioneer in the past and that is thier standard response everytime something is not working.

Jim

I emailed support and they replied with please call us.

I did on New Years Eve and after a 30 minute wait, I got hung up on, I called back and got "We have a firmware update coming" and I got pushed over to the complaints department.  

The unit does not do what it says, I am going to make another post about a Class Action Lawsuit.

The point of that type of consumer reaction is to get manufacturers take ownership of the issue.

Years ago, I bought an AVIC D series and out of the box it was a bomb.  The dealer had me come in for an update, it was a cluster&^%.

Pioneer has a long history of taking shortcuts and not delivering. 

What would be real nice is for someone to question them on the CES floor with press around why the NEX units still do not function correctly. App Radio mode is still broken with IOS 8.

There are many complaints of the "Hey SIRI" not working with the NEX also. Car Play still has rough edges too.

I wish Kenwood had something similar to App Radio mode to run Waze. I'd dump my App Radio 3 and 6000NEX in a heartbeat and jump ship.

Pioneer fixes problems by just releasing new models with the fixes. They do NOT care about trying to fix existing customer's issues. Why should they? Less people would buy new models.

exactly how is that bad service there telling you if a reset does not correct the issue then send it in to be fixed? what exactly where you expecting them to say? it takes about three weeks to get back to you after sending it in and you can track the progress on there website after you file a repair claim

How is it bad customer service?

1. They can't tell me when they're releasing a feature that they falsely advertised as being ready spring of 2014 that I based the purchase of my unit on. It doesn't function as advertised.

2. A firmware update broke the keyboard on my unit, an issue others have reported on here. It's clear this is a firmware issue and can be corrected with a firmware update. Instead of contacting me to troubleshoot the issue or investigating the issue so they can contact engineering to fix it they want me to rip the radio out of my car and send it in at my expense which is absolutely unnecessary. They don't want to be bothered to troubleshoot, just "send it in" and let it be someone else's problem and my huge inconvenience. Tell me how their response in any way is an indicator of good customer service, name one aspect.. I bet you can't.

exactly how is that bad service there telling you if a reset does not correct the issue then send it in to be fixed? what exactly where you expecting them to say? it takes about three weeks to get back to you after sending it in and you can track the progress on there website after you file a repair claim

How is it bad customer service?

1. They can't tell me when they're releasing a feature that they falsely advertised as being ready spring of 2014 that I based the purchase of my unit on. It doesn't function as advertised.

2. A firmware update broke the keyboard on my unit, an issue others have reported on here. It's clear this is a firmware issue and can be corrected with a firmware update. Instead of contacting me to troubleshoot the issue or investigating the issue so they can contact engineering to fix it they want me to rip the radio out of my car and send it in at my expense which is absolutely unnecessary. They don't want to be bothered to troubleshoot, just "send it in" and let it be someone else's problem and my huge inconvenience. Tell me how their response in any way is an indicator of good customer service, name one aspect.. I bet you can't.

It's nice to know you live in Lala land, I'll have to come visit you sometime...lol...but seriously you have some mental issues or something. You sent them an email about some problems you where having and now you're upset because you where expecting someone to call you...lol...pick up the phone and call them if you want to speak to a person and troubleshoot your problems. In what world does anyone from a major corporation contact anyone...lol...crappy customer service would be if they told you where shit out of luck but nope they told you to ship it back and we will repair it for you. That pretty decent customer service to me.

It's nice to know you live in Lala land, I'll have to come visit you sometime...lol...but seriously you have some mental issues or something. You sent them an email about some problems you where having and now you're upset because you where expecting someone to call you...lol...pick up the phone and call them if you want to speak to a person and troubleshoot your problems. In what world does anyone from a major corporation contact anyone...lol...crappy customer service would be if they told you where shit out of luck but nope they told you to ship it back and we will repair it for you. That pretty decent customer service to me.

They give him one troubleshooting suggestion for a minor keyboard issue and when that doesn't work, they want him to send the whole unit back to them for three weeks? That sounds like pretty bad customer service to me, actually.

If you had read the original post in between all of your "lol"-ing, you might realize that it's not so unreasonable to want a few more options in between doing a reset and ripping the entire stereo out of your car and being without it for almost a month.

i had a problem with my 7000 a few months ago with the gps not working and heres what i did. i called there service number, i spoke with someone and tried several options in an attempt to correct the problem, then i was told to ship it back for repairs. so guess what i did? i took the radio out, put my old one back in, then mailed it back for repairs. my point is all he did was send a email and expected a team of pioneer techs to come swarming over to his car and fix the issue. no where in his complaint did he actually call there 800 number to speak to someone and try some other options and even if pioneer where to call him what are the chances that he would be next to his car to actually troubleshoot the problem....LOL....<just cause i can