AVIC411.com

Pioneer NEX Class Action Lawsuit, any interest?

I bought my 7000NEX a few weeks ago, its not a bad unit, but there are more misses than hits.

I wanted iDatalink and its (basically) worthless, I called iDatalink and they said "If Pioneer were more forthcoming with firmware updates they could get it to work".

The apple Carplay work intermittently, the screen never looks the same (see my photos), the promised "Cloud" based info does not operate at all, when asked I got the answer that I have to wait for the January 2015 firmware update.

If you sell something and say it has certain functionality, make sure it does.  

There are a bunch of other flaws, but I am looking for a technology CAL attorney.

post-852-0-74100500-1420208009_thumb.jpg

post-852-0-82087600-1420208026_thumb.jpg

The screen display issue probably has nothing to do with the NEX. iOS is simply sending output to the monitor. Like having a dual monitor setup on your computer.

If the display is off, I'd lean towards backing up, wiping/syncing your iOS device (making sure all updates are applied), before going down the legal route.

Even if you go down the legal route, I'd hate to have to explain to the judge why you didn't exercise due diligence beforehand - assuming you didn't, apologies if you have.

For me all the CarPlay NATIVE apps are rock solid, and with updates coming from Apple, I feel it is vastly better/stable than AppRadio. With each update of the non native apps I use (stitcher/spotify) things get better. I agree that iDataLink issues (I havent experienced them) and more importantly, lack of cloud AVICSYNC support is a problem... but I also urge patience. I have had this unit since the first week it debuted, and I am still not at the class action lawsuit level you are after two weeks. Its really not that bad of a unit, especially if you are an Apple/CarPlay user.

AppRadio and iDataLink users though, I feel for you.

Restart your iPhone, delete reload affected apps, and if that doesnt work, rebuild your iPhone. I havent had to do the later, but I have done the first two quite a bit over the last year and the NEX always pops back to life.