AVIC411.com

Am I missing something? (nex 8000)front camera..

So I think I'm missing something here.. Searched the.... Outta the forum and well I'm trying to get my front camera working... I have a feeling it's in the settings em selves but......??? Rear cam is wired to reverse lights.. Works like a charm and can access anytime.. Front camera is wired like back.. Power to ignition and ground to ground. Video is plugged into extra video input... When I try to access it I get the attention viewing of front seat video blah blah.. But the display will not come through at all! What am I missing? Is this not the aux input or????? Drawing serious blanks here.. TIA! This is turing into one serious Saturday project.......

K that's what I thought.. Auxiliary is the 3.5mm connection which is hooked to my maestro rr for Sat radio from truck... Got confused in reading all the forums.. LoL k I just turned on AV input and set to camera.. And still nothing... Just killed the ignition after doing so... And.. Yea OK I got it....... It's working now.. Now I see the switch between cameras.. Awesome! Thanks for the right now feedback! Can finally throw this thing in after a... 12 pack install.. Was suppose to be no more than 6 and 3 hours I gave it.... 7 hours later... And I'm all outta beer!.. LoL *cheers*

So after I disconnected the power from battery (cause it was stuck in a bootloop with camera) I lost all functionality to aru reloaded. Tried to get it going again and well it works on the side of appradio meaning the controls for back, and homescreen etc. But where mirror of phone should be is, attention of front seat viewing.. Blah blah is there. ... This damn device is giving me a headache!

FYI. there are two 3.5mm connections, 1 is wired remote which your maestro should be hooked up to, the second is the aux. The aux is in between the wired remote and the antenna(radio).

Well.... sure but my maestro is hooked up to the aux 3.5mm giving me my satellite radio and the 4 pin idatalink is hooked up to avic. I had both hooked up via 3.5mm w/r and idatalink to 4pin and that.. well lets just say nothing was working! .. Unplugged from w/r and plugged into 3.5mm aux which throws audio through to avic and all worked like a charm! But now my issues is aru reloaded ..... ... .. . . have to email developer because it was doing weird shit to begin with.. btw have u ever successfully hooked a samsung all cast to you hdmi port?

I have hooked up chrome cast, Macbook Pro, Android minipc/tvstick, Apple tv. The requirement for all the casting is having to be on a network. Thus i installed a hotspot 4g LTE, to create a network and have internet access. The android minipc/stick worked, but was real cheap and bluetooth would not connect to NEX, so i have ordered an android mini-pc, with 4 gb of ram and 16gb of memory, and am adding 64 gb sdcard to max out storage. It has latest android OS, and is over the air upgradable, with 1 usb 3.0, 2 usb 2.0, sata connection, wireless N, ethernet, rooted. My plan is to run app radio unchained(already purchased) so i can have total touchscreen control of the unit. It is 12 volt and i can wire it to switched or unswitched power and hide the unit behind the dash.  I also have Digital TV tuner, 480 gb solid state drive(usb2), 256 gb SD Card(formatted to fat32), SiriusXM radio, and of course rear view camera. I have been experimenting with the nex, every since i installed it. Trying to get the perfect setup for my use. Most of the things i have tried, i already had in the house hooked up to Flat screens anyway. 

Nice buddy, U nearly have a TB of storage attached to the nex! I have to buy another usb cord extension for this thing as id like to attach (as much as i can) ssd storage to usb and i already have a 256gb micro sd in my phone. Does the sd card only support fat32 format and (from what ive read) 32gig?

My entire plan was to basically lose my phone between the seats yet have it displayed continuously on the unit, but this is seeming an issue.. My install is taking a hell of a lot longer than planned but I want to do it right the first time rather than rip my dash apart ... twice, thrice, quadrupple times... cause of my own negligence. Truck is sitting anyway till I get my license back so w.e. btw my aru reloaded was working flawlessly via mhl3.0 till this camera episode..... I have another post about it and pic.

the reason the nex says 32gb max on sdcard, is because sdhc max is 32 gb, and formatted fat32. sdxc on the other hand is Microsoft exfat and pioneer would have to pay MS to read those sdcards. But there is nothing wrong with formatting a sdxc card to fat32 and loading it with media. The problem people have had is when they constantly write and rewrite to the reformatted cards, is corruption in the files have occurred. My thinking is write it once and let the nex only read, hence no corruption. Time will tell, if i am right. I have around 200 ripped dvds on the sdcard and play them daily for the kids in the back seat of my truck, on the headrest monitors.(they are 2yrs and 4 yrs old, and movies are all animated) I did this because the dual zone on these will only play from DVD, SDCARD, USB1 and A/V inputs.

Ahhhh icicic.... Well like you say put it in, format it to fat32 and let it sit, though for me I'd like to be able to update files.. Hence like u say, corruption.... Well that's why I've been trying to look into a way to extend my phones capacity via a card extender but... That takes up the USB port which essentially after a few hours kills the battery.. So if I can put 2 512gb ssds to the USB ports... I should be good for quite some time...

Exactly what you say! It's in the settings of the nex that's f'd things up after the battery pulls. I shut down for the night and am gonna watch Annabelle.. Start again tomorrow with a fresh mind! LoL :)

...so i have ordered an android mini-pc, with 4 gb of ram and 16gb of memory, and am adding 64 gb sdcard to max out storage. It has latest android OS, and is over the air upgradable, with 1 usb 3.0, 2 usb 2.0, sata connection, wireless N, ethernet, rooted. My plan is to run app radio unchained(already purchased) so i can have total touchscreen control of the unit. It is 12 volt and i can wire it to switched or unswitched power and hide the unit behind the dash. ... 

Would like to know make/model if that works well for you....