AVIC411.com

Problems installing Appradio 2 (SPH-DA100)

Ok so im having problems installing my appradio 2.  Let me preface this by saying im not stupid lol.  I installed my AVIC-X940BT in my other car and I love that thing to death.  So I got this thinking it did more than it can.....im disappointed because it cant stream through bluetooth or utilize the usb for media playback.  I feel these are relatively easy functions that should be fundamental functions.

Anywho, so i wired up the main harness and plugged it all in, including GPS antenna, fm antenna, mic and ipod wire. It turns on and i can play radio and make calls but thats it.  When it loads the main screen I can only select the phone and radio buttons, the others (ipod, apps and pandora) are grayed out and unselectable.  Now in regards to the parking brake switch Ive tried the relay trick, a toggle switch and just wiring it up to the dang parking brake wire and this changes nothing (yes i know it needs the double pulse).  Im just short or ordering the bypass deal off ebay.  If researched this and watched maybe 20 youtube vids on this to no avail.  Why are these functions grayed out?  What can I do to remedy this?  Thanks in advance!

Oh and btw I updated to s/w and f/w 8.30 thinking that might help. 

Are you plugging an iPhone in? Is so which model?

The iPod function/icon only works with an iPod, under connection settings, it needs to be set to analogue. It needs to use the pioneer cable also.

If you are using an iPhone 5,5s,6 the connection settings need to be changed to digital and the iPhone must be plugged into the firmware port using a lightning to firmware cable. It will not work with any other cables.

While using this mode the iPod function will be greyed out and unusable.

Regarding the bypass what part of the world are you in?

So are you saying that without a phone hooked up like that the apps button stays greyed out? Doesnt this have its own on board gps? I was thinking i should be able to use gps on this since it has a gps antenna of its own. Im beginning to think this is a horribly over priced am\fm radio with bluetooth....my 940bt is far more user friendly.

The GPS is a GPS mouse, not navigation software. The Navigation software runs on your phone and the GPS mouse supplies your phone the co-ordinates to save the battery.

So yes, you need a Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter connected to an HDMI lead into the back of the unit.

That is the whole idea of the AppRadio 2 and why it is less than half the price of the units with navigation in them.