AVIC411.com

Buy 4000NEX or wait for the 4100NEX

I guess just download the x100 firmware, and follow the regular update procedure. I suspect though that there is some failsafe in place that will prevent us from going through with it, some sort of "firmware mismatched" screen. I don't know though, and would love to find out as well!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it works too especially because of the version number but i'm trying it now anyway. I did rename the file from 5100 to 5000 but besides that have left it alone. If this doesn't work I will see what the other files contain to see if there is a version that I can change from 1.03 to 1.09 to see if a newer version makes a difference.

well i'll be damned. EVERYTHING works. I had to reset seriusXM to get it to stop closing once opened but that was easy. AndroidAUTO works too!!!!!!!!! you just have to use an actual USB cable and not the slimport cable for appradio, this was a simple swap too.

hope I made some people happy!

I'll be coming up with a way to distribute this safely tomorrow. Stay tuned, in the meantime, know it is possible.

well i'll be damned. EVERYTHING works. I had to reset seriusXM to get it to stop closing once opened but that was easy. AndroidAUTO works too!!!!!!!!! you just have to use an actual USB cable and not the slimport cable for appradio, this was a simple swap too.

I'll be coming up with a way to distribute this safely tomorrow. Stay tuned, in the meantime, know it is possible.

So you're saying it takes a little more work than just updating?

That's GREAT news. Please keep up posted. Did you do anything other than a regular update?

PLEASE DONT TRY TO JUST UPDATE IT, I am trying to do this the safest way possible and make sure that all the features work and then I WILL distribute it for you guys.

there is more to it than just trying to do the update (it ignores the files without change). I modified a few portions of the 1.03 FW and replaced a few files with that of the 1.08 FW and finally got it to take.

ONLY thing that I can't get to work right now is pandora app. before i flashed it pandora required BT and a USB connection, after the flash it ONLY wants BT connection but I don't get any audio, the app launches i can skip songs and the time ticks through like its playing but no audio. It could be my phone (its rooted on a nightly from CM) so I'll check with another stock android phone I have. If not I'll try replacing the BT SW from that of the 4000 1.08. 

I'm also going to see if I can flash back to 1.08 so that we have a safety net, but one step at I time. Once I feel comfortable i'll go ahead and release it. 

If I posted my paypal would you guys consider donating for me making it public? I am just curious. 

Also once I get the 4000 figured out i'll mess with the 6000 and 8000 if people are willing to test it for me (I don't have these units obviously)?

As for advantages, it does take a bit longer to fully but up, maybe closer to a minute at this point. but It feels a bit smoother as well, less lag on the input for sure.

If I posted my paypal would you guys consider donating for me making it public? I am just curious. 

Also once I get the 4000 figured out i'll mess with the 6000 and 8000 if people are willing to test it for me (I don't have these units obviously)?

I have an 8000, and will most definitely gladly donate if you get around to providing an update for it!

I have an 8000, and will most definitely gladly donate if you get around to providing an update for it!

Would you be willing to test for me as well? I want to understand everything better on my 4000 first before branching out to other models but once I get to that point (and I intend to ASAP) would you be willing to help verify / test for me?

PLEASE DONT TRY TO JUST UPDATE IT, I am trying to do this the safest way possible and make sure that all the features work and then I WILL distribute it for you guys.

there is more to it than just trying to do the update (it ignores the files without change). I modified a few portions of the 1.03 FW and replaced a few files with that of the 1.08 FW and finally got it to take.

ONLY thing that I can't get to work right now is pandora app. before i flashed it pandora required BT and a USB connection, after the flash it ONLY wants BT connection but I don't get any audio, the app launches i can skip songs and the time ticks through like its playing but no audio. It could be my phone (its rooted on a nightly from CM) so I'll check with another stock android phone I have. If not I'll try replacing the BT SW from that of the 4000 1.08. 

I'm also going to see if I can flash back to 1.08 so that we have a safety net, but one step at I time. Once I feel comfortable i'll go ahead and release it. 

As for advantages, it does take a bit longer to fully but up, maybe closer to a minute at this point. but It feels a bit smoother as well, less lag on the input for sure.

I dont use pandora at all. Ill throw you a few$$ if you want. Even if you want to PM me and tell me what files you changed, ill gladly do that as I already work in IT so i know my way around a PC

Would you be willing to test for me as well? I want to understand everything better on my 4000 first before branching out to other models but once I get to that point (and I intend to ASAP) would you be willing to help verify / test for me?

Absolutely. The sooner the better :mrgreen:

Also, same as newtonfb just said goes for me: I am completely comfortable changing file names, strings in files, etc. if that's easier for you.