AVIC411.com

An alternative for iPhone users

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found something interesting for music/podcast streaming:

http://www.addictivetips.com/android/stream-airplay-audio-from-iphone-to-android-using-hifi/

It sure do not allow ( at least it did not at the time of this writing) to control the media playback from the head unit, but that's another step in the right direction...

I'll test this out on my way home from work this evening

software rom/firmware

Am I wrong assuming this means upgrading the android version?

I' not quite familiar with the Android versions, platform and upgrades. I just know that on cell phones that has to come from the manufacturer to the carrier then to the customers. But I'm not sure if those PC sticks can be upgraded to the latest versions without too much work.

I do intend on installing the pay version of unchained as it includes gps injection so all apps can use the built in antenna for gps

Unfortunately, I think you may find yourself very disappointed there.  After talking to Area51 (the ARU Reloaded developer), Pioneer does not allow the transfer of GPS data from their unit to the phone (or Android stick in this case)  That blows this option right out of the water for me as I really need to be able to use Waze or Google Maps.  Now, if they were to include GPS capablilities with a stick, they would really get my attention!!

Unfortunately, I think you may find yourself very disappointed there.  After talking to Area51 (the ARU Reloaded developer), Pioneer does not allow the transfer of GPS data from their unit to the phone (or Android stick in this case)  That blows this option right out of the water for me as I really need to be able to use Waze or Google Maps.  Now, if they were to include GPS capablilities with a stick, they would really get my attention!!

What does the AR2 GPS antena does if it does not transfer the data to the phone? I mean, if you use waze or navfree, don't they get help from the head unit antena? If not, that's a scam?

It also means that the stick cannot be used for Google Map navigation, right?

Area51 just confirmed with me on the XDA forum that Appradio Unchained Reloaded does indeed work on AR2 & AR3 with Android sticks.  

It is AR4 that uses another message format that he said he is working on supporting as well.  

My Android stick should arrive by Friday.  Looking forward to tying this out!