AVIC411.com

An alternative for iPhone users

Yea, I've been keeping an eye out for a TR7 but they are about €30-€35 this side of the world which seems a bit pricey.

It's also only up to 4minutes which is an improvement but I'd like backup for say 8-9hours so when I leave work it doesn't have to boot again

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me think about that one for a bit and see if I can come up with a solution for you.  You know, you might be better off just wiring it direct to the battery and using some sort of voltage monitor to cut it off once your voltage falls below a certain point.  I need to think about this for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cathaldub,

I installed a MK809III on my AR2 using Appradio Unchained Reloaded. Everything works great, just one small issue! None of the navigation apps are able to play the voice navigation, at first I thought it was AUR or even the bluetooth, but I tested it on my TV and I still have the same problem. I tested with Waze and HERE. Did you see this issue before?

Thanks in advance!

the MK809iii hasn't got gps so it won't work when connected to your TV, reloaded has the option to inject the gps from the appradio though, you need to turn this on in the unchained app and turn on mock locations in settings-developer options.

If locatio services is tuened off on your rom you will need to manually enable it

I can confirm it's not bluetooth, it works the same if I plug it in to my TV. If I'm listening to music whenever the navigation app is supposed to give directions, the volume goes down on the music but I don't get any voice at all. So it seems like it's not able to reproduce the voices. It happens with all the navigations apps, not just waze. Thanks guys!

Have you tried selecting Google Text-to-speech as your preferred output engine. On your Android device, go to: Settings > Language & input > Text-to-speech output.

Yes, I did, but it didn't work either. Did you try any of the navigation apps? Are you experiencing the same issue?

• 1 year later...

Since extensions has been abandoned I'd considered two things.

1. Buy an android phone and use AppRadio Unchained, I actually did this and bought a HTC One M8 but I didn't like the Android system as a phone and decided to sell it and bought a iPhone 5S.

2. Upgrade my AppRadio 2 to an AppRadio 4, but with mixed reports on the unit/carplay, and the cost envolved.

I decided to try something else before I abandoned my AR2.

I bought a cheap Quad core android HDMI stick for €35 from Amazon. Installed the free version of AppRadio Unchained and paired it with the radio. It gets it's internet through personal hot spot on my iPhone.

I also paired my iPhone 5s with the radio as a special device so I can still make/receive calls through it.

I'll post a video later but it's great, I have all my apps installed on the hdmi stick, spotify, YouTube, Waze, Google maps, etc and I still have the ability to use my iPhone. Its actually easier than using the iPhone with the radio as all I have to do when I get in the car is turn on personal hot spot, I can then leave my phone in my pocket.