AVIC411.com

Forgotten Password in AVIC 5000NEX

I had to have a new steering wheel installed in my 2014 Nissan Quest and now my AVIC 5000NEX wants a password.  I'm 99% sure I'm entering the correct password as I am a creature of habit and I have a limited number of passwords that I use, but the system won't accept any of them.  I would have to pay someone to remove it, in order to send it to pioneer, which is ridiculous.  I've tried the hack that some people are talking about, but I only have a micro SD slot and nothing happens when I insert it.  Help please!!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a Pioneer 6100 NEX navigation unit. I do not remember ever setting up a password and now I have bought a new truck. I was so excited and pulled the radio out myself to save money and scheduled to have Best Buy install the unit with camera and steering controls in my F250 Diesel. Well the radio is locked and I tried every code I have ever used and no luck. Is there a website or link to download something to unlock this? Im so upset I almost bought a Alpine unit and sell the Pioneer once I get it unlocked. Can anyone assist?

Phil

• 9 months later...

I had to clean off my battery terminals and forgot my password apparently. ( swear I have the right one) .  I've ran the perl script and created my testmode_a.key and have placed it on a fat32 formated usb, however... I can't get the faceplate to open up to be able to insert said usb...

any help is appreciated.  I don't want to have to remove the device from my truck.  Before you ask, I have tried the pin to the right of the eject button.  All it seems to do is cycle the device into post and boot, and then ask for the password again.

(NEX 4200)

I'm a database administrator with production databases on RHEL 7 and HPUX so I think I can make my way around an andriod device ok with a little help from smart people about the pioneer.