AVIC411.com

NEX 4000 Bluetooth not working

My pioneer nex 4000 receiver was hooked up to my android phone via Bluetooth. The phone got disconnected from the radio and now the Bluetooth icon on the radio is greyed out. I tried reinstalling the firmware (1.08), reset to factory settings and nothing has worked. I get Error -03 on the Bluetooth media screen.

Has anyone experienced this.....I mainly purchased this unit for the app radio to use WAZE and its hands free capabilities!

Any help would be appreciated.

No warranty.....I purchased the unit whilst on a trip in the USA......my only option I'm thinking is to use an iPhone and CarPlay which does not require Bluetooth for hands free. I'm not sure if the appradio would work with Bluetooth on Apple devices. It's necessary for android which I currently use.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anyone else fix this Bluetooth issue other than the $250 Pioneer manufacturer fix? This is not an option for me as my entire 4000 NEX was only $500 three years ago. I like the unit and everything but I'm not spending another $250 to fix the BT. I will be purchasing a new head unit...and you can be assured that it will not be a Pioneer product after this mess.

• 7 years later...