AVIC411.com

Correct cables for iPhone6 switch from iPhone4

My setup is working just fine, but I just got an iPhone6, wondering what cables are needed to be changed?  I'd rather not use that Apple white adapter, I'm hoping I just need to swap the cables from the USB? pigtail that runs rom the radio to the iPhone4 with a pigtail that has the iPhone6 connector on it.

Give me an Amazon link if you can, and thanks in advance!

Mike

Thanks for the tip... is there a link to/Part Number for the actual full cable setup that I would need?  I thought it might be just a Pioneer CD-IU52 cable, but it sounds like I have to pull the radio out and work backwards from there, and what I have now for the iPhone4/4S I remove totally?

As an aside... on Pioneer's web site they only claim compatibility with up to/including iPhone5/5S but no mention of iPhone6/6S or even IOS 8.x.  Does anyone have an iPhone6 actually working with the AppRadio3, and by working I mean GPS, Bluetooth, etc., all the major features?

• 2 months later...

I'd like to order the correct cable to get my AppRadio3 working with the iPhone6.  Can anyone give me a link to the correct cable or will any generic HDMI to the newer iPhone smaller jack work fine?  Or does it have to be Apple-digital spec or something weird? I have been out of the loop since my vehicle is stored winters, but will the iPhone6 even work with a AppRadio3?

Is the HDMI port in the back of the APPRadio a standard TV HDMI size?  

Mike

Great place to start (the connections are the same for iPhone5 and 6:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36258-iphone-5-with-appradio-2-frequently-asked-questions/

You can tuck all of those adapters away and run a lightning extension between the AV adapter and your phone. It helps clean up the visible wiring. The best one is the Cable Jive Dock Xtender. 

I had my iPhone 6 working with an AppRadio 2 for a while. There are known issues that are well-documented here. But the basics will still work. I got kind of tired of the longish boot times with that setup. The bluetooth connection, which is required for Appradio mode took forever and sometimes got hung up. That was on iOS 8.0.1 or 8.0.2 I believe. Things may have changes since then...

Great place to start (the connections are the same for iPhone5 and 6:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36258-iphone-5-with-appradio-2-frequently-asked-questions/

You can tuck all of those adapters away and run a lightning extension between the AV adapter and your phone. It helps clean up the visible wiring. The best one is the Cable Jive Dock Xtender. 

I had my iPhone 6 working with an AppRadio 2 for a while. There are known issues that are well-documented here. But the basics will still work. I got kind of tired of the longish boot times with that setup. The bluetooth connection, which is required for Appradio mode took forever and sometimes got hung up. That was on iOS 8.0.1 or 8.0.2 I believe. Things may have changes since then...

Smal question: if you say you're not using the AppRadio, what are you using exactly? Or maybe I misunderstand you comment...

Smal question: if you say you're not using the AppRadio, what are you using exactly? Or maybe I misunderstand you comment...

Seems like a misunderstanding... I actually never said that I wasn't using "the AppRadio". I just said that I once had my iPhone 6 running with an Appradio 2. My current setup, which I did not discuss in this thread, is the iPhone 6 with an Appradio 4. I use CarPlay with that and do not use AppRadio Mode any longer.

Seems like a misunderstanding... I actually never said that I wasn't using "the AppRadio". I just said that I once had my iPhone 6 running with an Appradio 2. My current setup, which I did not discuss in this thread, is the iPhone 6 with an Appradio 4. I use CarPlay with that and do not use AppRadio Mode any longer.

It makes way more senses!

I have the AR2 now. BestBuy.ca have the AR4 at $499 and I'm very tempted to buy and place my AR2 on eBay.