AVIC411.com

turning off nex 6000 ?

If you go to the home screen, the button below the map, then press AV button, it gives you a list of sources, and an off option.

Koush

...but that doesn't really turn the unit off, i.e. same as ignition key in off position.  That's more like a standby mode.

what i need is to silent the unit and to shutdown the screen (while driving) in a quick easy step...  Sometime i really need quietness and to kill the flashing gizmos...

The only way i found was to remove the key pannel (the anti-theft) thing.  but that's not not ez enough especially while im driving.

what i need is to silent the unit and to shutdown the screen (while driving) in a quick easy step...  Sometime i really need quietness and to kill the flashing gizmos...

As koush said... for silence, touch A/V panel on home screen, touch Off.

I'm uncertain whether this silences sounds from navi' and connected phone.  I've not tried it.  Perhaps others will weigh in on that...

The only way i found was to remove the key pannel (the anti-theft) thing.  but that's not not ez enough especially while im driving.

Yea, I tried that and it seems to sometimes hose my settings.

Note to self, get that bugger screwed in. :)