AVIC411.com

Hey everyone, ive got an avh-x4700bs radio. Ive done some pioneer cross flashes in the past to put other firmwares on a radio and was wondering if there was any firmware I could load onto this 4700 unit that will unlock carplay like the NEX headunits have. Either switch from my appradio one to appradio mode or add the caprlay feature so I can use waze on this headunit. If anyone knows of a certain model I can steal a firmware from to load on this it would be much appreciated. I was thinking possibly the avh-4000nex? Thanks for any info

Well, it does use the same interface as the NEX line so that means it is running android. I guess the 4000 would be most comparable to that unit? There are definite hardware differences between the two. One USB port instead of 2, no HDMI, but hey if you have had luck before maybe you can again. 

Also on that topic, if you can make my 4000 think it has the display out of an 8000 so I can use the better carplay interface, that would be awesome too.