AVIC411.com

Wireless CarPlay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I am super confused from reading this post.  Is it wireless, is it not?  Im downloading the IOS 8.3 software now. I just downloaded car play to my car.  If it works wirelessly, great.  But.....heres my issue if it doesn't.

My AVIC 5000 NEX only has the option for Bluetooth or a Micro SD card to be inserted.  I have NO usb port in my brand new 2014 Nissan Juke (little pissed about that).  So if I cant connect wirelessly, how the hell do I connect one of those lightning cables to my AVIC 5000 and use this damn app?!  Im stumped and so were the apple techs I was on the phone with.

HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I am super confused from reading this post.  Is it wireless, is it not?  Im downloading the IOS 8.3 software now. I just downloaded car play to my car.  If it works wirelessly, great.  But.....heres my issue if it doesn't.

My AVIC 5000 NEX only has the option for Bluetooth or a Micro SD card to be inserted.  I have NO usb port in my brand new 2014 Nissan Juke (little pissed about that).  So if I cant connect wirelessly, how the hell do I connect one of those lightning cables to my AVIC 5000 and use this damn app?!  Im stumped and so were the apple techs I was on the phone with.

HEEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, these units do not currently have wireless CarPlay and 99.9% likely will not ever.  Go back to your installer and have them put in a USB plug for you.  It would be very easy to do yourself, but judging by your post, I think you should leave this to the pros.

No, these units do not currently have wireless CarPlay and 99.9% likely will not ever.  Go back to your installer and have them put in a USB plug for you.  It would be very easy to do yourself, but judging by your post, I think you should leave this to the pros.

Make that 100% for never having wireless CarPlay, as Pioneer recently provided this information to CNET:

"When asked, Pioneer stated that the current crop of NEX models will not be supporting the new wireless CarPlay functionality debuted in iOS version 8.3, due to their lack of the necessary Wi-Fi hardware."

http://www.cnet.com/products/pioneer-avic-8100nex-navigation-system-display-7-in-in-dash-unit-double-din/?tag=nl.e751&s_cid=e751&ttag=e751&ftag=CADc8fa1f1

Pioneer NEX 8000 and 8100 do not support Wireless Carplay.

They only support Wired through the USB/Lightning cable.

I checked directly with Pioneer Support who confirmed these 2 units do not have WiFi capability which is needed to support Wireless CarPlay.

Pioneer NEX 8000 and 8100 do not support Wireless Carplay.

They only support Wired through the USB/Lightning cable.

I checked directly with Pioneer Support who confirmed these 2 units do not have WiFi capability which is needed to support Wireless CarPlay.

Wow, obsolete by the time it hit the shelves. Good thing I don't need/want Wireless CarPlay, or I would post my AVIC-5000NEX on Craigslist. :)

Yeah, I'm used to plugging in to charge, but it would be handy to be able to do Wireless Carplay for when you have a short 10 minute trip.

There's Bluetooth audio of course, but you lose the Handsfree Texting and Audio controls (Playlists, iTunes Radio, etc).