AVIC411.com

Am I missing something? HDMI/AppRadio Mode on 4000nex

Hey guys,

First post here and I've got to admit I'm just a consumer of these products. I have them installed by a "professional" so I'm a little ignorant.

I'm having trouble with AppRadio mode on my AVH4000NEX, I have a HDMI cord attached to the back of the unit, then a lightning cord from usb2 both connecting to an Apple AV adapter, then into my iPhone 6 IOS 8.1.2 (jailbroken? Does it matter?). I have connected my iPhone to the deck with Bluetooth but still, I never have an option for AppRadio, I can only view the iPhone screen under "HDMI" which isn't terrible. But it wasn't the AppRadio I was promised, a theme I'm getting alot from Pionner.

Am I missing any cords for AppRadio? Am I doing something wrong? I was told I had all the proper cords from my installer but alas.

Big Question for you that have App Radio though:

Can you Listen to the radio while viewing AppRadio?

My biggest pet peeve about "HDMI Mode" is I cannot listen to the radio like I can while I have Carplay up. If you can't listen to the radio while you have Dash Command up I'm not even going to bother trying to fix this head unit anymore.

I have had trouble with the AVH4000NEX from day 1. I live in Vancouver, Canada and since the first moment I turned it on the unit was very uncooperative with the cooler weather (first purchased in late November) after months of fighting with the supplier I got a new head unit a few days ago, after months of back and forth.

Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks guys!