AVIC411.com

Alarm/remote start question

I have an '02 dodge ram(automatic trans) with a viper 790xv installed. The truck was broken into and the radio was stolen in October. Around that time the remote start stopped working, but the alarm still works fine. I can press the button, the lights flash and the fuel pump does its thing but it does not kick over. It does not even try. I had the panel under the steering wheel open and I noticed the brain and wiring for the alarm. I saw a relay, that was plugged into the brain for the alarm. Unfortunately, because it was dark and the relay was partially up and behind the instrument cluster I could not make out anything on the relay except the letters "IN0223". Could this relay be my problem. DEI website is not very helpful, so I am asking here.

Please help me figure it out.

possibly the neutral safety wire was disconnected.. possibly the switch to disable remote start (like for servicing the vehicle) was flipped. possibly the starter wire connection was disconnected. REally could be many things, i would take it to whom installed it or another pro to look at it.

The place that did the work is out of business and the closest place to me( I bought a new remote from them) does not inspire confidence. ( went for a quote to put a new radio in and get the alarm fixed, and without looking at the truck told me the alarm needed to be replaced.) and I downloaded the installation manual and the thing reads like stereo instructions. I can't make heads or tails of the manual. You mentioned a switch or a wire I need to check. Barring that, can anyone recommend a shop in New Jersey that won't fuck me with my pants on?

It is not one of those chipped keys. When I bought the truck, it was either a larger block and the securikey thing, or smaller engine and not that.( and the good sound system.) I press the orange button( used to be the aux, three remotes ago) the dash lights up, the fuel pump makes some noise and then nothing. It tries three times. and then stops. The relay I mentioned says directed on it. Still could not get a good look. After Tillithz mentioned servicing, so I checked my records and sure enough three days before the truck was at the dealer for a recall and other work. So it might not havee been the removal of thee radio that killed it.

I want to thank everybody for helping me out.

The recall depending on which one it was could very well have been the problem. those trucks had a recall for an electrical system problem at the steering column harness. If that recall was done, then odds are when it was serviced the dealer removed 1 or more of the r/s wires. So unfortunately you are more than likely going to have to take it to a professional to be repaired.