AVIC411.com

SiriusXM SXV200v1 and Tune Select Not working on channel #s 300+

So I have a 7000 NEX unit and have the SXV200V1 add on tuner for SiriusXM.

The tuner works great but from day 1 with it, whenever tune select would alert me to an artist on a channel, when I hit JUMP, if the artist is on the Siriuxm "xtra" channels, I'm never actually taken to the right channel.

For example, say if I have an artist alert for tom petty and the heartbreakers set up.  If a song of his shows up on channel 26, when I press jump, it brings me to channel 26.

But if he's on channel 312 (the Tom Petty buried treasure channel), EVERY time I press jump, it'll bring me to channel 56 the highway instead.

The box that pops up knows he's on channel 312, but pressing the jump button ALWAYS jumps me to the wrong channel, but consistently the wrong channel.  Like in my example above, whenever an artist is on 312, it'll jump me to 56.

But again, if the alert identifies an artist on any channel below 300 (the 'xtra' channels are 300 and up), the tuneselect jump feature works great/normal.

I'm thinking this has to be a bug in either the SiriusXM tuner or my head unit.  But I'm not sure who's at fault.  Can't swap out the siriusxm unit either as it has a lifetime sub on it.

Been trying to get it on video but the artist alert comes up randomly (of course) and I never have a chance to whip my phone out fast enough before it closes.

So you are saying the problem is with my XM unit?

The point of my post is I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the problem, or where the issue could be.

I will say the issue has persisted with the pre-carplay firmware as well as the current 1.08 firmware.

And yes I'm aware of the lifetime transfer (I had transferred my sub off an old lifetimed sirius radio to get it onto this xm tuner), so I have 2 out of the 3 transfers left on this particular sub.

Has anyone else had the tune select / artist alert feature work properly when one of your artists is playing a song on channels above 300?

I have an AHA-4000NEX with an SXV300 and I'm seeing the exact same problem. I think Pioneer will need to fix it with a firmware update.

Thanks Philtor.  I was hoping for a confirmation such as this... essentially its probably not the XM unit, but something about how the pioneer head unit is interpreting the info coming from the XM unit.

And you have the even newer model SVX300 (when I have the issue on SVX200).  So the thing in common is the Pioneed HU.

The problem is with your subscription. Note that you have a SiriusXM tuner, and their site shows the channel lineup for Sirius tuners. 

I had this problem too, and argued with several support agents until they changed my subscription to one that includes the extra channels.

Now I get them all.

Thats not what I mean.  I can physically type in say "310" on my head unit and the radio tunes to that channel.  But if an artist I have an alert on, is playing and I get the pop up message with the "Jump" button... if the song is playing on any of the xtra channels, the head unit goes all weirdo on me and goes to one of the lower channels, NOT playing the artist.  The pop up with the jump button shows the right xtra channel that the artis is on, but I just cant push jump (if I want to get to that channel).  I have to cancel the alert, then manually type in the channel number.

Again, if hte alert is on a lower non-xtra channel (200 or below), the jump button works as you'd expect, jumping you to the channel where your artist is playing.

I can manually tune to the 300's but it won't "jump" to the 300's. It's a bug in the Pioneer.

Correct, exactly this.

I'd love to get a video of this behavior, but unless I'm sitting there with my phone out, video caputure 'at the ready' it just comes up too quick.  Add to the fact that its probably a bad idea to attempt trying to take a video of my radio while at the same time trying to drive :)

Maybe next trip I'll tell my wife to drive and have the phone at the ready ....

• 1 year later...

Sorry for being a little off topic but I have an AVIC-Z150BH and the SiriusXM SXV300v1 and it relates to either (or both?) Pioneer and SiriusXM.  The problem I am having is I'm not able to tag songs on many* of the channels whereas with the HD, as long as music is playing in HD, I'm able to tag songs.  Do you have the same issue where many of the SiriusXM channels do not allow tagging with the NEX series units?  Thanks.

* The weird thing is that sometimes I'm allowed to tag songs on one channel and other times on the same channel I'm not allowed to.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone solved this problem yet?  I bought a new Pioneer 4200NEX with Sirius (don't know model) last month, and I am having the EXACT same issue as the original poster.  Any artist alert on a channel higher than 300 will jump to the wrong channel.  In my case, however, it usually jumps to the Studio 54 channel, but wrong nonetheless.