AVIC411.com

REPLACE NAVIGATION SOFTWARE

Is it possible to replace or add as extra software for navigation, such as navigon etc? I can tell for sure that navgate of pioneer lacks several things, especially turn by turn voice announcement of streets in other languages except for english. I'm interested in greek language.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi i am totally noob in this but i recently bought a car with a 2010 avic f220 and managed to install another navigation software.
First You need to find a testmode that is made for your avic f... version
If you put these files from this testmode directory to the root of an sd card (and put sd inside the avic f.. and press reset) it will start up windows ce and from there you can run other navigation software. Like that and with help from forums such as this i was able to get IGO 8.3.5 with recent maps to work on my avic f220, if you have an f220 i can help you in pm to get it running also if you want.

Thank you for replying and providing feed.

I am not sure, but could this procedure of reset and test mode harm the machine?

Where could I get the testmode? 

Once installed such an independent navigation software, will the original navigation software of Pioneer will be available or will it be replaced and therefore deleted?

• 1 month later...

Thank you for replying and providing feed.

I am not sure, but could this procedure of reset and test mode harm the machine?

Where could I get the testmode? 

Once installed such an independent navigation software, will the original navigation software of Pioneer will be available or will it be replaced and therefore deleted?

Sorry for my late answer.

I had no bad experience so far from using the testmode other then sometimes it needs a reset, i installed many other apps and games etc so it's not 100% stable :-)

If i take the memory card out and press reset it all goes back to the old navigation from pioneer and that still seems to work. Everything like the new gps software and apps are on the memory card so no changes were made to the original software.

Wich Avic do you have ? if there is a testmode for it it should be on this forum.