AVIC411.com

Nex8000 itunes tagging??

Hello everyone!

i just got this HU about 3 weeks ago. I'm confused on some things and was wondering if anybody could shine some light on these issues.

When I'm listening to HD radio I see a tag below the info button. So this is where I get confused. I have an iphone5 so when I plug my phone into the usb1 the tag goes away. Why??

I've gone into the settings and changed tagging to usb1 tried usb2. can anybody make sense of this for me. Thanks

I talked to pioneer about this today. They said you simply plug your iphone in your HU and it downloads the tags and when you sync your phone with itunes on your computer it reminds you of the tags. I haven't tried syncing my phone yet so we will see. What doesn't make sense to me is when I have my iPhone hooked to my HU the tag feature goes away.

wa wa what?  you have to sync your phone to a computer?  who does that these days with iCloud.  Why can't I just go into iTunes on my phone and see tags?  

It goes away once it has synced with your phone.

I want a way to tag a song so I can go find it later.  Kinda like shazam.  I can't shazam, cause that will turn the music off and the phone takes over.

disappointed with the tagging.  On my old stand alone xm, I could at least hit a button and it will save it as a list.

You do have to touch it and hd the song info but my issue is I can't if my iPhone is plugged in because the song info is grayed out when it's plugged in. I was looking at the manual today page 190. It explains it that if your iPhone is already plugged in it will put it in a playlist but mine isn't. Ugh

• 2 months later...