AVIC411.com

Problem with back camera - Video/aux input - Avic-5000nex?

hello folks, 

I just bought my Avic5000nex and a standard back camera, and the store where i sent my car to install,  said to me that the video/aux out does not work properly, and it should be broken. Nothing is showing on the screen, but i do not believe that it could happen, might have to be some configuration or something like that... 

Someone could help me please?

Thank you. 

I have the AVIC NEX 6000 and am also having trouble with the back up camera.  It shows a picture in reverse..but then when I shift into forward gear..the screen goes black with the words "items may appear in reverse".  Is it a program a program setting..and if so what should the settings be?

Having a similar issue while installing my 4000NEX with my OEM backup camera on my 2014 4Runner. Did a piggyback to rca off what we though were the right wires. Shift onto reverse and it's triggered, but I get no image. Any thoughts? Wired in right harness tapped for video. The harness being held on left needed to be plugged into OEM headunit for the camera to work. So there is a wire on the harness on the left that needs to be used but don't know what.

post-128917-0-80612500-1425691640_thumb.jpeg

I have the AVIC NEX 6000 and am also having trouble with the back up camera.  It shows a picture in reverse..but then when I shift into forward gear..the screen goes black with the words "items may appear in reverse".  Is it a program a program setting..and if so what should the settings be?

In settings turn the backup camera input on, and the camera view mode off. 

I already try to set "camera view mode off" and it didnt work...

I'm still with these similar problems.... please where are the pro guys to help us??? hehehe

Having a similar issue while installing my 4000NEX with my OEM backup camera on my 2014 4Runner. Did a piggyback to rca off what we though were the right wires. Shift onto reverse and it's triggered, but I get no image. Any thoughts? Wired in right harness tapped for video. The harness being held on left needed to be plugged into OEM headunit for the camera to work. So there is a wire on the harness on the left that needs to be used but don't know what.

Similar issues here. Bought a generic camera off Amazon, tapped backup light wire and ground, and plugged into BC port. Will get image from camera when put in reverse, but when I restart car, the screen is black with "Image may appear in reverse" on it. No way to cancel out of it or change modes...however the channel selection and volume still work. I have to press the reset button and start all over again to get the radio to work normally.

I've changed about every setting I can, and nothing seems to help.

same issue here and its driving me crazy. I have the camera tapped into the factory backup cam on my grand cherokee. Positive it is the right wires. I even ran the reverse light wire   my self to make sure. The camera is triggered when you shift into reverse but it is a black screen. I even testested the camera again with the OEM headunit and it worked. Sounds like its an issue with the 5000nex. any help ?

• 7 years later...

Just installed a backup camera on my F-150. The camera works, but not as intended. When wiring everything up with the new stereo, I hooked everything up on the camera to the stereo to make sure it worked before running and zip tying the av wire along the frame. I had the camera wire plugged into the “cam input” plug on the back of the stereo, put the truck in reverse and saw nothing. I moved the plug to the AV slot and still nothing, but as soon as I plugged it into the AUX input I could see the camera image. When I shifted to park, the display went blank as it should. The problem with this is every time I need my camera to back out of somewhere, I have to switch from my music to the AUX feature and then back to music, which is getting old. I’d like it to work as it should with the CAM IN input so it can come on in reverse while I’m still in BT Music setting without going back and forth on stereo channels. Any ideas why this may be happening?