AVIC411.com

Can't set iPhone 4S Location Services for AppRadio app

Installed AppRadio 3 in my truck yesterday and everything is functioning except GPS location using the AppRadio app on my iPhone 4s ios 8, I get a message saying "No GPS Signal" or words similar.  BUT...if I open the AppRadio Live app, the GPS does work.

I tried to change the Location Services setting for the AppRadio app in the iPhone Settings-Privacy menu from "never" to "always", but it just quit to the Home screen without changing. I'm not even certain that this setting is necessary for the app, but it seems logical. Pioneer provides almost no guidance on phone settings needed. Do I just ignore the issue and rely on App Radio Live?

I'm also miffed that when I tried to open the "GPS Drive" app on my connected phone, I got a notice that there's a extra charge ($25!) for an upgrade to allow the app to send the screen to the AppRadio. Says nothing about that on the App Store info for the app.  :x