AVIC411.com

Android Auto issues on 2015 Generation NEX

Not sure if you guys are still having issues. I got my Nexus 5 working without a single hiccup. However, the Note 4 has been more of a challenge. 

At first, my Note 4 was running a custom firmware from AOSP of Android 5.0.2 and when connected to Android Auto, the blue "Accept" graphic was overlapping the rest of the text. I couldn't get it to pass that part of the menu. I then flashed an ATT Lollipop firmware onto my Tmobile Note 4 and was able to get past the accept page. Everything seemed to work fine other than the microphone issue that some are reporting. To alleviate, I installed the Google Now app from the PlayStore. Now the voice icon works  in conjunction with Maps, but I'm still having issues with replying to messages by voice. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if you MUST have the parking brake wire from the headunit connected to the actual parking break?

I keep getting the message on my AT&T Galaxy S4 that the car must be in park. Is there any way around this? I have my headunit connected to ground and software bypassed right now.

I have the Verizon S5 with the new firmware "BOC4" and 8100NEX and it still doesn't work. 

I just saw at the bottom of Google's support site (https://support.google.com/androidauto/) that the Verizon S5 is currently incompatible (as is the LG G3). Wonderful.

Well, at least, it does not appear to be Pioneer's issue. But Verizon/Samsung doing something different than the rest of Android.

Does anyone know if you MUST have the parking brake wire from the headunit connected to the actual parking break?

I keep getting the message on my AT&T Galaxy S4 that the car must be in park. Is there any way around this? I have my headunit connected to ground and software bypassed right now.

Are you on an AVIC unit (6100NEX, 7100NEX, 8100NEX)? Only those units I believe can use the grounding bypass.

Are you on an AVIC unit (6100NEX, 7100NEX, 8100NEX)? Only those units I believe can use the grounding bypass.

I'm using the AVIC-8100NEX. So I connected it to GND. But turned on the software bypass.

However it still says that it needs the parking brake/car needs to be in park for it to setup.

I think I'm just gonna try cutting the wire from the harness and splice/tap it to the parking brake wire this weekend.

Just trying to avoid it if possible since i gotta pull all the armrest panels out and such.