AVIC411.com

Android Auto issues on 2015 Generation NEX

Okay I got android auto to work......I opened up and looked at my wiring and realized that I actually did not ground my parking brake wire....

After I did it worked just fine with no warnings.....however it seems like I'm running into the issue that mostly everyone else is running into....I can't get voice controls to work at all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i got nex 4100 my galaxy 5 now i get red screen saying my phone not  compable  with  android  auto nice google or pioneer

I get that as well. Which carrier do you have?

I think the main culprit here is Samsung with an assist from the carrier. The Galaxy S5 has so much CRUD and variation between them that Google has not yet developed the workaround to get it working with Android Auto. They fixed it real quick with the S6. But other manufacturers, like LG for example, don't have their flagship phones already on Lollipop working with AA. I don't get why the G3 doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

Okay I got android auto to work......I opened up and looked at my wiring and realized that I actually did not ground my parking brake wire....

After I did it worked just fine with no warnings.....however it seems like I'm running into the issue that mostly everyone else is running into....I can't get voice controls to work at all.

I'm having the same issue. I am sure that the parking brake wire is grounded. Because I have the software bypass activated (I even shut it to SET OFF and tested a DVD just to make sure it was working). But Android Auto is trying to get me to "park" the car still to start the process.

Sorry for cross posting, but this thread seems to be getting a lot of replies. So I am hoping to get some help here.

I installed avic-8100-nex in my 07 ford expedition xlt using the  Metra XSVI-5520-NAV harness. I used a CCAUSB 2.0 (http://goo.gl/lu7FGQ)  pass through cable connected to port 2.   

I *do not* have any brake bypass, hardware or software, I have the parking wire connected to the light green wire on the metra harness. I upgraded firmware from 1.01 to 1.03. I have a nexus 5 that recently got the 5.1.1 OTA, I connected the nexus5 using the LG USB cable that came with the phone.

The HU recognized the phone, initiated the download of Android Auto and showed me the "accept" screen on the phone and then disconnected. I depressed the parking brake, head the break pedal down, unlocked the phone, and reconnected the phone. Android auto icon appears on the head unit, I when click on the icon or mode button I see the following message: "Android Auto cannot connect right now. When it is safe to do so, please check your Android phone."

I have tried couple of different USB cables, even connected the cable directly without a pass through. I also  uninstalled the android auto app several times and reconnected, and each time I get the same behavior. I have also tried connecting the parking brake wire to the electrical ground on the harness. One thing I have not tried is a different phone. 

Should I ground the parking brake to the vehicle chassis? Do you folks have better results getting Android Auto working that way?

Should I try a different USB cable? What cable do you recommend? 

Should I factory reset the phone? Or Head unit ? 

Any other suggestions ? 

Sorry for cross posting, but this thread seems to be getting a lot of replies. So I am hoping to get some help here.

I installed avic-8100-nex in my 07 ford expedition xlt using the  Metra XSVI-5520-NAV harness. I used a CCAUSB 2.0 (http://goo.gl/lu7FGQ)  pass through cable connected to port 2.   

I *do not* have any brake bypass, hardware or software, I have the parking wire connected to the light green wire on the metra harness. I upgraded firmware from 1.01 to 1.03. I have a nexus 5 that recently got the 5.1.1 OTA, I connected the nexus5 using the LG USB cable that came with the phone.

The HU recognized the phone, initiated the download of Android Auto and showed me the "accept" screen on the phone and then disconnected. I depressed the parking brake, head the break pedal down, unlocked the phone, and reconnected the phone. Android auto icon appears on the head unit, I when click on the icon or mode button I see the following message: "Android Auto cannot connect right now. When it is safe to do so, please check your Android phone."

I have tried couple of different USB cables, even connected the cable directly without a pass through. I also  uninstalled the android auto app several times and reconnected, and each time I get the same behavior. I have also tried connecting the parking brake wire to the electrical ground on the harness. One thing I have not tried is a different phone. 

Should I ground the parking brake to the vehicle chassis? Do you folks have better results getting Android Auto working that way?

Should I try a different USB cable? What cable do you recommend? 

Should I factory reset the phone? Or Head unit ? 

Any other suggestions ? 

I don't think a factory reset of the phone is necessary. I don't know what the heck happened with my set up, but all of a sudden the "parking" situation resolved itself and I was able to start the set up. Someone kicked around the idea on another forum that Android Auto doesn't even tap in to the head unit to figure out whether the car is parked. Which makes me wonder what is the trigger to keep it from locking you out of the app and connecting the phone. They need to scrap that ASAP.... all it does is cause problems.

Do Apple users have to deal with this with CarPlay?!