AVIC411.com

Anyone try to install the new 15 NEX model Firmware into the 14s?

I have a 4000nex but am refusing to upgrade after less than a year. I heard of some people saying that since the hardware didnt change at all that the firmware might work. I read that they upgraded the screen a little bit but that should have no effect on firmware. 

Of course they are giving the warning "installation on any other product could cause irreversable damage"

Also not sure this firmware would do anything for x000 series owners anyway, Android Auto apparently required a minor hardware tweak in the unit... so it probably wont work on the x000... and the only other fixes noted were minor.

That being said, let us know the results if anyone tries it!

I was bored and looked this up. A telling difference that there actually are some sort of hardware changes between the model years is in the displays. The 4000 has the same display unit as the 7000. The csx1194 unit. Same part used in a whole host of radios that they have been making for years. Here's a link for those interested. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CSX1194

However the 4100 doesn't use this display. It has a brand new unit. It uses the CXE7770. This panel has never been used before. My thought is it is probably the same lcd, but they beefed up the sensor because google wasn't happy with the sensor built into the 1194. It was rumored that google didn't want android auto to work at all unless it was on a capacitive display. This must have been some kind of an appeasement. Again for the interested here is a link to the part. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CXE7770