AVIC411.com

USB Playback Android Phone

Hey ladies and gentleman,

I need some help playing music via USB. I have connected to USB port two for android devices but every time I plug in it says do not unplug reading format. This process goes on for a while. I figure it is trying to find music on my device or construct some kind of library. Any suggestions? I am using an LG Optimus G Pro rooted and flashed to Lollipop. Bluetooth streaming works great. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. My 5000 nex refuses to recognize my nexus 6 or my wife's lg g3 via USB. I still have it connected to usb2 and the pioneer connect app is worthless. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I have already changed the smartphone settings to other and USB. Both phones will charge and are set to mtp. Thanks.

I think Android Music Support is not implemented in the newer NEX units and in the SPH-DA120. Just MirrorLink and AppRadio mode over HDMI+USB. AppRadio mode USB only and AppRadio One is not supported, too. Only the newer DVD receivers have Android Music Support and AppRadio One/AppRadio mode USB only (but missing CarPlay and Android Auto).

My Sony Xperia Z1C (Lollipop 5.1.1) and Z3C (Lollipop 5.1.1) work only over MirrorLink or Bluetooth (and HDMI AppRadio Mode).

• 2 weeks later...

I think Android Music Support is not implemented in the newer NEX units and in the SPH-DA120. Just MirrorLink and AppRadio mode over HDMI+USB. AppRadio mode USB only and AppRadio One is not supported, too. Only the newer DVD receivers have Android Music Support and AppRadio One/AppRadio mode USB only (but missing CarPlay and Android Auto).

My Sony Xperia Z1C (Lollipop 5.1.1) and Z3C (Lollipop 5.1.1) work only over MirrorLink or Bluetooth (and HDMI AppRadio Mode).

What disappoints me is the regression with this head unit. It used to at least recognize the android phones via USB 2. I never got it to work but now the USB 2 is always grayed out. The unit will charge the phone though. I will just try a third cable and verify with my pc that it is not just a charge only type cable.

I just want to let you guys know that I got my issue resolved by switching the usb wire to another one.  the one that was installed was just a charging wire.

Your Android phone plays music using MTP on your NEX/AppRadio? Which headunit do you have? Which phone do you have? Which Android version? Lollipop, Marshmallow or older? Our Sony Xperia Z1C/Z3C and my Goggle Nexus 7 (2013) all with Lollipop 5.1.1 don't work with my SPH-DA120 (1.09). The cable is okay because MirrorLink and AppRadio mode work. I will try it again with the new Android Marshmallow 6.0 on my Nexus 7 today.

• 2 weeks later...