AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

I'm thinking its a licensing issues as Google must approve the HW to run AA so I somewhat understand the lack of receiving this update. 

However not receiving anymore FW updates at all after less than a year is what I find offensive.

Exactly. Hell they still haven't given us half the features they said the thing would be launching with. We still don't have the kind of idatalink support that was supposed to come with this radio based on the 2014 CES

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I just modified the 1.08 FW to be able to flash back to. This is great because now I can slowly modify the 1.03 and try things and the resort back if it fails... Stay tuned guys this is some great stuff!

You tease...  :mrgreen:

My 8000 (installed in my SC430, since everybody's listing their rides) and I are standing by for guinea pig duty!

alright guys I'm going to post up what I have so far since I now have a way to go back to 1.08

after further playing around the process is a bit easier than I originally thought. All you need to do is take the firmware you want to flash and change the names of the files and folders to that of what version the device THINKS it is.

for example. if going from 4000 to 4100, the 1.03 FW is named AVIC5100NEX, this needs to be AVIC5000NEX. inside this folder there are a bunch of other files and folders with the name 150 in it, every 150 must be changed to a 140 so that the NEX4000 thinks it is the correct file for it. 

When flashing back to 1.08 you simply need to change the 1.08 file structure so that it looks like a NEX4100 update.

At this moment ALL BT Audio is not working. you cannot get any audio that functions over BT to work, this means pandora / Android Auto (just the audio) / phone calls, and anything else that uses BT as the means for audio. 

As far as I can tell this is due to the user not being able to toggle BT Audio from "off" to "on" in the settings of the device like you can on 1.08, it is stuck off and this is apart of the USERDATA folder which I don't currently have a way of reading.

What I am hoping is that this is a problem for the 4100 too and the will release a new FW soon that we can play with. 

If anyone has any idea of how to open the .prj files to view and edit its content please advise!

4000 (1.08) to 4100 (1.03)

http://www.filedropper.com/4000to4100_1

4100 (1.03) to 4000 (1.08)

http://www.filedropper.com/4100to4000test1

Both me and newtonfb have gone to 1.03 and back without a problem.

I'll take a look at the 6000 and 8000 units now to make sure its structure is the same.

WARNING: there are things that don't work right now. On my 4000 I have no audio in CarPlay.

It seems whatever handles the handoff of modes for the different audio stuff doesn't work in this. That's why android auto and CarPlay have no sound. This is something we may need to figure out by pulling pieces from the 1.08 firmware and seeing if they fit with the 1.03 firmware.

Currently reverting to 1.08. Will let everyone know of the jump back is painless.

Edit: yep the downgrade back worked without a hitch. Let's try to figure out how to get the bugs out of this firmware and start having fun!