AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, 

I made the upgrade on my F960DAB (european version of the NEX 6000) and had the same results (No Bluetooth).

In adition my HDMI input wouldn't show up any more either. Installed the NEX 8000 firmware, in hopes that this would activate the HDMI, but still no luck.

As far as I can tell the firmware kit is the same for all NEX devices, and once installed based on the model number it changes the available options on the unit.

I was scared for a moment that I have permanently lost HDMI input even after reverting to 1.08, since it wouldn't show up, but after a factory reset everything was back to normal.

Just throwing this out there.  Has anyone gone through the settings after the upgrade to see if there is a bluetooth on and off.  Since the Bluetooth is toggled to off.

Also, another thought, could there be something in the code that sees that the unit is a prior generation and it turns off the bluetooth?

Just some thoughts.

Just throwing this out there.  Has anyone gone through the settings after the upgrade to see if there is a bluetooth on and off.  Since the Bluetooth is toggled to off.

Also, another thought, could there be something in the code that sees that the unit is a prior generation and it turns off the bluetooth?

Just some thoughts.

I was thinking about the same thing as far as a model or serial number goes. Their might be within the programing. As per DP3343, we need someone with programing skills to look through both file and see the difference as far as compatibility

thinking about trading out as well unless we can find a way to open the firmware files (which we wont cause they are compiled so are most likely just binary noise with a bunch of placeholder 0's and nonsense).

I have plenty of programming experience but none in android / compiling android. But all of their code is published as open source, so I feel we have everything we need, I just don't have the right experience for this code.

http://www.oss-pioneer.com/car/multimedia/files/avic-5000nex/index.htmlcode for our units (X000NEX)

http://www.oss-pioneer.com/car/multimedia/files/avic-5100nex/index.htmlcode for X100NEX Units

Im going with the Kennwood releasing next month or waiting for Parrot one that looks good but wont be released til later this year. Pioneer will never get another cent front me

I am very hopeful but cautious when it comes to the Parrot. It's nice to finally see a headunits with a resolution that isn't from the 90s. However based on reviews previous parrot head units have had subpar audio quality and a lot of glitches.

They are however still updating the Parrot asteroid head units with new features and bug fixes so at least they support their hardware for longer than 10 minutes unlike Pioneer.

Honestly I have an iPhone and carplay works fine on my 4000. Until someone makes makes a headunits with a proven display that doesn't suck and has the audio quality deserved of the 600-1400 bucks we pay for these things I'm not upgrading.

Sorry, I should have stated the navigation does come back when I reinstall 1.08.

If you're still on 1.08 try doing a full system restore and pressing the reset button on the front of the radio. Other people that have had issues in putting 1.08 in their head unit have had luck with this.

I am no expert in this matter but after reading the entire thread for this I see everyone is trying to replace the files in the Bluetooth folder only (I think) but there are two .ver files for bluetooth on the root of the folder PJ150BT.VER and PJ140BTL.VER has anyone tried replacing those with the 1.08 version along with the bluetooth folder?  

I am no expert in this matter but after reading the entire thread for this I see everyone is trying to replace the files in the Bluetooth folder only (I think) but there are two .ver files for bluetooth on the root of the folder PJ150BT.VER and PJ140BTL.VER has anyone tried replacing those with the 1.08 version along with the bluetooth folder?  

*PJ140BT.VER

I have, same results unfortunately.