AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but the lack of support for future updates, spotty Bluetooth, poor system UI, etc certainly are.

My thoughts exactly. I will never buy a Pioneer product again (been doing that with Sony for over 10 years now). Vote with your wallet!

My thoughts exactly. I will never buy a Pioneer product again (been doing that with Sony for over 10 years now). Vote with your wallet!

extremely happy with my 8000, screen is beautiful...bluetooth works as it should...no complaints

extremely happy with my 8000, screen is beautiful...bluetooth works as it should...no complaints

same here I had 8000nex and the bluetooth worked fine for me, I upgraded(or down graded ) to the 4100nex  for android Auto and everything seems to work great, only complaint i have is that damn Nag screen every-time I start my truck :eek:

Hey guys new to the forums! I had a thought cuz the screen is different on the 4000 - 4100 has anyone tired to take one from the 4100 and put it on 4000 with the firmware update? Anyone have access to this? Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I did read this whole thread.

Btw here is the screen from Pioneer http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CXE7770....?

Also if anyone has had any success with hooking up the 4000 to a rooted note 3 and used it with google chromecast without it being extremely zoomed in the top left of the phone mirroring I would appreciate the advice! Thanks

Couldn't agree more.  I was very excited for the promise of CarPlay, and in the end the only feature that I actually use that wasn't in my factory radio is the HD Radio.  I don't use CarPlay anymore in the least bit.  It was a colossal disappointment.  Never again, Pioneer.

I love my 8000. CarPlay works wonderfully. SXM and HD Radio both work great. UI is 100x better than the stock Toyota Nav that it replaced. My only complaint that I've ever had with it is that the audio "blanks out" when you adjust the EQ. And maybe the crappy voice quality on the TTS, but I use CarPlay for NAV more than the built-in.

Also if anyone has had any success with hooking up the 4000 to a rooted note 3 and used it with google chromecast without it being extremely zoomed in the top left of the phone mirroring I would appreciate the advice! Thanks

That's likely a Chromecast issue. There has been a thread on the Chromecast support forums for months with many different people having the same problem with many different screens. I returned my Chromecast for that very reason. I heard though that the latest Chromecast firmware might help. Have you updated to the newest version?

I'm an NEX4000 user, and just had a quick question. I understand BT audio does not work, if all you ever use is Carplay, does everything work normally there? And does Carplay work any faster/better than it does on 1.08 on a 4000?

I'm an NEX4000 user, and just had a quick question. I understand BT audio does not work, if all you ever use is Carplay, does everything work normally there? And does Carplay work any faster/better than it does on 1.08 on a 4000?

Starting at post #26, you'll find that people couldn't get the CarPlay audio to work either. I don't know if that goes over BT or not, but it doesn't presently seem to work.