AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PaisanNYC thats awesome. Unfortunately you would need to do what Bushing did on https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2014/enhancing-the-avic-5000nex.html  to get the sd card password, and unlock it before you can dump it. Another thing though that could be done to help is to try and put your decks internal sd card into an 8000 NEX and see if it works (assuming the password lock doesn't cause an issue) That would tell us if it is an update issue or something else.

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this helps much or relates but from what I am gathering, the Bluetooth stack is what’s holding up this project.  I wanted to share with you some of my finding that might help.  I was playing around with some mirrorlink stuff.  I noticed that when mirrorlink kicks in, the Bluetooth audio profile A2DP is disabled.   So plug phone in… mirrorlink kicks in and NEX will disable the A2DP profiles but hands free keeps working.  I am also seeing mirrorlink apps do not support audio at all…the phone must keep working over Hands free.  I have not tried this with carplay but if you want to check, plug iphone in and then check the bluetooth setting on phone or NEX and see if audio was disabled.  I believe this is due to that carplay\ mirrorlink\andorid auto use audio over USB and not bluetooth.

My question for you guys is, can you find the APK (android installers) on the new firmware?  Any chance to install just the android auto ones?

My problem if that I have  a 6000NEX and not even the 6100 has android auto so I am out of luck on all fronts.

Keep up the good works guys,  more then will to donate during or after the project is running!!! 

Im curious as well. If we dont have a 8100 or 4100 person willing to give us a sdcard dump then what about just taking the Android Auto apk from the 8100 file and putting it into the 8000 file and trying an install? 

Problem is it doesn't seem to be just an apk. It looks like it is baked into Pioneer's MediaPlayer APK and the settings etc. I believe it is defiantly doable, we just need an Android System developer which I am not. And then a script to auto-repack the PRG (doable, just haven't had as much time as I would like)

I downloaded the same app with an HTC desire 816 using mirrorlink and get full control of the phone as well with sound but have one minor glitch, I have the home button and return/back button and not the button that lets me bring up the app switcher. Also The htc has a built in "car" app that opens instead of sygic but with sygic on the phone when I close the "Car" app I get the full phone with touch on the headunit. 

Ok guys,  Happy Friday.....Install sygic car nav from the play store and then exit the app. Have fun! 

Sorry for being cryptic :).  I will make a new post but basically when i exit the app  sygic car nav from my S6 i get full screen mirroring with touch screen!!!! Might just be a bug on the Galaxy S6.  

I downloaded the same app with an HTC desire 816 using mirrorlink and get full control of the phone as well with sound but have one minor glitch, I have the home button and return/back button and not the button that lets me bring up the app switcher. Also The htc has a built in "car" app that opens instead of sygic but with sygic on the phone when I close the "Car" app I get the full phone with touch on the headunit. 

just curious, what does this have to do with getting 2nd generation nex files to work on the 1st generation? 

just curious, what does this have to do with getting 2nd generation nex files to work on the 1st generation? 

It doesn't at all.

I tried using Sygic and Mirrorlink. Other than the fact that the Sygic application felt so 2000 and late, my Galaxy S6 crashed twice when I tried to use it and the application required a subscription.  So I quickly gave up on Mirrorlink being a viable option, at least until Google Maps is supported.

Edit: I'm excited to see this development.  I don't have anything to offer for the current obstacles, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open!