AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

For those curious or with development experience, I just created a shell script that opens up the PRG file, waits for modifications and then merges it back together with the correct CRC32 checks and sizes. It is located here: https://gist.github.com/bassrock/8053d22493785b92958f

The only issue is it uses ext4fuse which is read-only, so just change that to whatever ext4 mounting program you have that allows write access and then code away.

I updated the gist to instead use http://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-mac/ which has write support.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't figured out how to look too deep into the files  yet since I've only had this radio a couple days now, but looking in the logs I see one thing that stands out.

under the info.txt, it shows

"System uCom:CWW9449- 08.51"

for the 8000, and

"System uCom:9449- 08.51"

Under the 8100, I'm wondering if this has something to do with this operating differently, or it's just a difference in logging/ software versions.

Any thoughts?

has anyone been able to get in contact with the guy on XDA? He stated he was able to fix the bluetooth but not sure the merit of that: 

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash150xlt 

I designed something myself as for a firmware interface to work with the 4000NEX. If you don't mind though, I'd like to take a look at what you have to see if mine is exactly mirrored or a bit different. Two things I noticing here is when it was posted he said he couldn't get the bluetooth to work for it, which I have rerouted a fix for that. But as for the audio not working for android auto, I want to see what is different on what you have and what I have. Mine worked fine when trialled, but it could be because of my current system already having bluetooth in the truck. If you don't mind, can you upload it here or email it to me? jared.balsor at gmail dot com

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/pioneer-avh-4000nex-updated-to-support-t3063746#post61125695 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, my mind is sorta spinning after reading thru the entire 19 pages of this post, but lots of great work by many to get their x000 up to x100's firmware.

I just installed a 4100 and I'm enjoying all the features...but...the most annoying thing for me is the stupid Warning screen that Pioneer feels compelled to force me to press OK every time I turn on the HU.  I've seen some videos on You Tube from last year on the 4000 and it looks like that HU didn't have this Warning screen following boot up, it goes straight to source screen.  I called Pioneer tech support and got the standard line that their HUs have to have the warning.  I said, that's funny., I first installed the AVH-5700 and didn't have this screen, in fact it booted twice as fast as my 4100, but i wanted the Android Auto, so I forked over an extra $200.  I also relayed what I saw on the 4000.  Tech couldn't care less, just regurgitated the same "required" drivel again.

So, my simple question, has any who's worked on the file structure for v1.03 found a way to remove that Warning screen and confirmation for the 4100 or any of the x100 series HUs?? 

@bass_rock, what do you think the next step is in the process? 

I think the next phase is getting someone involved that is familiar with Android ROMs, since that is essentially what this is. Its basically a ROM we need to decompile and modify to suit our needs and sadly that ain't me.

If it possible to upload repacked firmware to device, is anyone tried to replace system applications with own? Is it possible to replace IGO, for example, with Sygic and so on? May me it possible to upload simple file manager to device?

List of apps in app folder of EU version of F960BT:

Av.apk
DataLinkInfoCollector.apk
DrmProvider.apk
FusedLocation.apk
GuidanceInfoProvider.apk
iGO_EU5.apk
IvonaTTS.apk
JupiterHome.apk
LatinIME.apk
Launcher.apk
MediaInfoProvider.apk
MediaProvider.apk
MixTrax.apk
MixtraxProvider.apk
Mode.apk
Notepadv3.apk
SettingsDevelopment.apk
SettingsProvider.apk
synctool.apk
SystemUI.apk
SystemView.apk
TestMode.apk
UIService.apk

It probably is, but like I said before we need a ROM expert, because for instance, if we add an app how can we access it. We would need a launcher of some kind.