AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.  I really need that SD now.  I've bricked my device.  After deodex, for some reason it said it was upgrading to a different version.  Now it just sits at pioneer loading screen.

So based on that picture. It looks like you were doing a cross upgrade to the new 1.03 for the x100 series units. 

To put it into context the x000 units are currently at 1.08 and the x100 units are at 1.03. 

I'm curious what firmware you dedoxed and then what modifications you tried. 

I am excited by Adam Outler here, I am not sure that the majority here know the quality of his work on XDA is outstanding (I am a long time XDA user).....I hope you guys can get this going so my NEX4000 can be use with Android Auto!!  I will test if that is needed, just let me know!!

Android AUTO Full Working in AVIC NEX5000?

Is It TRUE?

I can test here (f960 is the same HU), but can i roll back if update crashes?

Unless something changed in the past few days, yes, it is fully working except for Bluetooth audio (both calls and streaming). And since Android Auto uses BT for all of its audio, it's more or less worthless to most people. Recent developments on this thread are giving a ray of hope though...

Unless something changed in the past few days, yes, it is fully working except for Bluetooth audio (both calls and streaming). And since Android Auto uses BT for all of its audio, it's more or less worthless to most people. Recent developments on this thread are giving a ray of hope though...

Someone post it 

held the pin-hole reset button for 5-seconds, the HU rebooted and Android Auto connected.    Now I'm going to work on the stinkin' start up screen. 

after reset bluetooth back to function?

now the thing is: how to solve bluetooth issue?

I hope you can solve it and bring android auto to it

:D

I got around to testing.  I took the stock update and ran the above script with 

/AVIC.sh  /home/adamoutler/Downloads/15MY_FW-Update_v1.03_16G_20150318\ \(2\).zip 5100 150

I then copied the resulting AVIC5100NEX folder to an SDCard and popped it into the radio.  The update took just fine.

I was not able to connect Android Auto (which depends on bluetooth) after the update and multiple restarts of the phone and head unit.  I held the pin-hole reset button for 5-seconds, the HU rebooted and Android Auto connected.    Now I'm going to work on the stinkin' start up screen. 

Verified: headers on 8100 are the same as the 5000. 

Adam, maybe I misread it when you posted, but are you saying that you have bluetooth audio working with Android Auto, running x100 software on an x000 unit? If yes, could you guide us lesser geniuses to how we can achieve this holy grail? I have an 8000. Thanks!!