AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

Noone has tried Drive maintenance => Dump by Sector => Storage SD ? :) I'm not speaking about Copy Device menu function. I can try to disassemble this Dump by Sector mode functions and screens.

I went there but you get a screen of bits that it looks like you have to manually dump 1 by 1.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bass_rock as you can insert/remove internal sd card, can you check how device boots up without internal SD card and what happens if you insert any bootable sd/usb into user-accessible slots? Maybe you need to copy one of testmode files (maybe some from testmode_n keys).

I think it should be possible to boot from external sd/usb without internal sd, then insert internal sd and write data to this internal card.

Is it possible to boot from internal SD card inserted into external SD slot?

Not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting to dd an image to a usb, remove the internal and see if it boots?

You can update bootloader in Write Program Forcedly => Write BootLoader. Also here is bluetooth update.

Also I have found what Write Program Forcedly => Copy device sets something in BSP area (NOR flash) and reboots. So it looks like this copy function is in NOR.

Yes I have tried that before. When looking through the update files, the BTL (Bootloader) .ver exists but it does not contain the .PRG which houses the real image. 

Gotcha. Dding and will try in the morning.

Also I am convinced on this USB_OTG_ID function under usb test making it a device for adb. Looking at the board there is no other pin and if my research is correct, Regular OTG devices have a sense pin that tell the device which mode. I think the nex has this except it is virtual somehow and is this setting.

Changing it changed the first usb in the test mode settings to switch to function (or Device) mode. However the usb pin still sends 5v which I don't believe is correct.

If anyone has some thoughts here I'm open to them.

Noone has tried Drive maintenance => Dump by Sector => Storage SD ? :) I'm not speaking about Copy Device menu function. I can try to disassemble this Dump by Sector mode functions and screens.

Yeah. Which sector would you like? I can get any sector on the disk... All 16G of sectors are available... One at a time.

You can update bootloader in Write Program Forcedly => Write BootLoader. Also here is bluetooth update.

Also I have found what Write Program Forcedly => Copy device sets something in BSP area (NOR flash) and reboots. So it looks like this copy function is in NOR.

I've developed a safer solution for this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adamoutler.extremebricksimulatorprofessional

Be very careful.

I mean is it possible to boot device without internal sd card (with original firmware).

For example, is it possible to get new sd card, write data (what your dd produced), insert this sd card into external sd card slot and try to boot from this card without internal sd card inserted?

This opens ability to restore device's internal sd without removing device from car.

Nope didn't work. Just got the u-boot error screen