AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see all of the posts on this page and a few on the previous page, just disappear.

As for the thread.. Prepare yourselves for some huge news from bass_rock, whatisbypass and myself soon.

A big thank you to all of you for your hard work thus far. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

All you need to do is download the firmware from Pioneer and rename 150 to 140 on all files and folders.

Did this and I get the error - "Please make sure that ONLY the update file is stored in the SD card and try again"

Tried a variety of in folders/directly in USB, renaming the folder to fit the 4000 FW update name, etc.

Same thing though.

Edit; Nevermind. Just a shitty, cheap USB thumbdrive. Used a better drive and no dramas, just had to name the folder AVIC5000NEX instead of 5100.

Now, to figure out connecting AA up :)

Alright, so new question that I can't see has been addressed yet...

Using Android Auto - there's no audio because the BT doesn't work.

But, when trying to use BT audio, it mutes the output - like it should, if BT was working.

However, it stays muted. 

I have to turn my volume up to 20 to really get any sort of output - but if I turn the unit off, then on - volume stays at 20 and as soon as the audio starts you just about get your ears destroyed.

So, for some reason whenever AA is in use, and the unit goes to mute the sound, it doesn't un-mute it again (or attenuate, I guess, as it's still playing, just much lower volume).

Again, I couldn't find this mentioned by searching, and I have read through all 40 pages here but there's so much discussion the brain gets a bit numb and I may have missed this point.

Ugggh, and it has a 30 second boot time before I get the warning screen.

Hmmm, will wait and see if anything good gets announced at CES this weekend, but might end up getting an actual 4100/5100 :(

Or just put up with it, I guess :D

Dat sounds like an AA device-side volume issue. The unit ain't commanding d volume to raise up and touch the roof. Whatchawanna do is, on a rooted device, use ALSAMixer, find the proper volume, and raise it. There are about 100 volumes for Android, yo.

Interesting ok. I will do a cross upgrade and see what this comes up with later tonight.

Galaxy S5 (G900F) running CM13.

BT streaming works fine with other devices and everything else runs smoothly.

When i say it mutes the audio, i mean the ipod audio. Even once i disconnect the phone completely (USB and BT off) the 4000 keeps the output lowered.

Example.

Listening to ipod on Vol10 and using AA maps.

Press microphone icon.

Audio volume is lowered to use mic, but cause the BT doesnt work I cant use the mic.

Back out of the voice option and go back to maps (or disconnect phone, etc).

Music stays quiet.

Go to home screen and back to iPod input, and the volume is still set at 10, but it feels about 15-20dB lower.

Shame the only issue is the BT and the loading time (30 seconds till the warning screen, but only 10secs on YouTube videos of actual 4100s); otherwise android auto seems great.

Dat sounds like an AA device-side volume issue. The unit ain't commanding d volume to raise up and touch the roof. Whatchawanna do is, on a rooted device, use ALSAMixer, find the proper volume, and raise it. There are about 100 volumes for Android, yo.

Hmm the only volume showing under alsa-mixer is "Guide DAC Mute Set"