AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bass_rock: Is it possible to use the 4000 -> 4100 firmware image on the SPH-DA120? The hardware should be very similar. I still want the Android Auto feature but don't want to swap my headunit again.

It should be but the issue is that the bluetooth audio does not work which, CarPlay, Android Auto and Siri all use.

• 4 weeks later...

heres something interesting, with nothing being updated or changed my nex 4000 has been popping up this screen when i plug my phone in to use mirrorlink

DSC_0885.jpg

I can swipe though apps but tapping on an app says "failed to launch app"

kinda funny, unless this is some kinda mirrorlink feature that i have never seen

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the nex4000 to nex4100 android radio fix or and thing I need to know before updating. I'm still on

Nope. The issue seems to stem from how the deck routes audio. It uses a library to communicate to the radios amp. And it seems between the x000 and x100 the radio amp turn on command changed.  So until we can manipulate the Amp commands a cross-upgrade is dead if you care about actually getting audio.

Hi Team.... I want to first tell you that I actually did read each even every page of this thread (some more than others) - you folks are amazing.

but from this thread I cannot fully tell if its safe for me to purchase a 4000NEX and upgrade it fully to a 4100NEX. My only reason for doing this is to have Android Auto working (and not losing all kinds of other function)

Are we there yet? (and definitely willing to make a donation if required) and is there still hope to actually get there?

Hi Team.... I want to first tell you that I actually did read each even every page of this thread (some more than others) - you folks are amazing.

but from this thread I cannot fully tell if its safe for me to purchase a 4000NEX and upgrade it fully to a 4100NEX. My only reason for doing this is to have Android Auto working (and not losing all kinds of other function)

Are we there yet? (and definitely willing to make a donation if required) and is there still hope to actually get there?

Sadly no, it won't work. You'll lose all Bluetooth audio, for both streaming music and making calls. And since Android Auto works via BT, the whole upgrade is pretty much a no-go. A lot of us are hoping and waiting for this, welcome to the club :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. The issue seems to stem from how the deck routes audio. It uses a library to communicate to the radios amp. And it seems between the x000 and x100 the radio amp turn on command changed.  So until we can manipulate the Amp commands a cross-upgrade is dead if you care about actually getting audio.

From my understanding on reading your posts the deck is running some sort of android and you have access to root. You might want to look into the Xposed framework. Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. In essence it allows runtime code injection. Unfortunately I don't have the deck so I can't be of help.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is most likely related to the fact that you can't use bluetooth streaming while an ipod is plugged in on the 4000.  On the 4100 and 4200, this is no longer an issue.  I'm assuming that they added another input for audio off the bluetooth module on the 4100 units, and the input on the 4000 is not connected to anything. There might be some success with modifying the internal PCB, but in my opinion, it's far too much risk.