AVIC411.com
Covert_Death

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

Hey guys. I am trying to get my AVH-4200 into testmode.  I have generated the file using the perl script from github like so:

perl encode.pl 007SERVICE003ALL00833333333007SERVICE0082013010100820201230000 TESTMODE_A.KEY

I then placed it in root of USB drive and plugged into unit and turned it on. It still doesnt boot into testmode.  I also tried renaming it to TESTMODE_A.KEY and also again by making it all lower case on both names.  Nothing.

Am I missing something or is the procedure or string different for the 4200. Ive also tried a few different testmode.key files i googled and found here but still not working.  Any help would be appreciated.

Got test mode working. yay! but not sure where to dump/remove passcode on the unit.  Any ideas?  A lot of the directions i see on forum are for a windows based unit. This is android.

I WANT TO UPGRADE MY 4000 NEX TO THE 4100 OR 4200 SOFTWARE. DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY HAVE THAT SOFTWARE AVAILABLE? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND THANKS IN ADVANCE.

x000 -> x100 is possible (same hardware).

x200 has a different hardware. so impossible to upgrade from previous gen.

x000 -> x100 is possible (same hardware).

x200 has a different hardware. so impossible to upgrade from previous gen.

Can anyone share the software hack to get the 4000nex upgraded to 4100 software? I would love to use android auto